Sign in to follow this  
adoubleux57

Quick Poll

adoubleux57    8

Today we started meds for this journey! WOO! I was talking to IM last night and I asked if they would be joining for the transfer, and i learned they will not be able to make it. No big deal to me but was just wondering if anyone has had journeys where they did come and some where they didn't and how they differed from one another? My first two journeys the IPS were there and this will be the first time they wont. Was it less stressful? Did you feel less pressure? Just curious :)! 33 days til transfer and 37 until pee sticks galore!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

My 1st 6 transfers I had IP's there w/me. I mean I travelled alone to get there, but each time, they were the ones that picked me up at the airport, dropped me at my hotel (we did dinner, some sightseeing, hanging out, etc though) and then got me for the transfer. When I matched w/my 4th IP's, they already had embryos at the clinic and were unable to make it there for the transfer (they were in Sweden). We did Skype though, which was nice to do, but it was a bit different feeling than my other transfers. I did 2 transfers w/them and they weren't there for either. My 5th IP's were there for the 1st transfer, but not the 2nd transfer. My last IP's for this last pg also had embryos already created that they shipped to the clinic as they were not able to be there either. (Israel) I'll be honest though....this last time? I actually enjoyed being on my own for the entire thing. My hotel was about a 10-15min walk from the clinic and there were LOTS of shops and restaurants w/in just a few blocks in all directions, so I was easily entertained. 

I think there is something to be said for both situations really though. Those 1st transfers I felt it was so important for the IP's to be there and be PRESENT for everything, because I thought that they would somehow be missing out on something if they weren't there. Of course all of that was just in my head. The transfer really is so anti-climactic if you think about it, and over so fast. I've been able to Skype w/my IP's if they wanted to, for the transfer and felt it wasn't much different than had they been right next to me. There is also the plus of having that time to yourself w/out having to worry about "entertaining" someone else. I used to joke in the beginning that it was my mini-vacation, but w/my IP's there, the only time to myself was at the end of the night when they went back to their hotel. (don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed having that time together!) The 4 transfers I did w/out my IP's present really were like a mini-vacation. Granted I had to walk, but I could do whatever I wanted on my own time w/out worrying about schedules or what other people might want to do instead.