ddngirl

Choosing surrogacy agency for IPs

ddngirl    0

Hello All,

We are new to surrogacy as IPs, very overwhelmed with the whole surrogacy process. Last year, out doctor told us to go with surrogate as she found out some sort of protein deficiency in my uterine lining after multiple IVFs and mis-carraiges. After looking at high costs in CA, we figured ID agency might suit us better. Also our CA doctor highly recommends ID agencies as she has used them for several of her IPs.

We talked to 2 agencies; Gift of surrogacy and Rocky Mountain. I found out recently about Host of Possibilities too but haven't contacted them yet.

1. Are there any IPs who have gone with any of these agencies and have any recommendation or apprehensions?

2. We just have 2 embryos so are really confused on what we should do. Should there be something specific we should look for in GC? Like our doctor said repeat carrier is recommended.

3. The agencies are requiring us to pay them their fees before matching with GC. What if they are not able to match us?

There are so many questions coming to our mind right now :unsure:

Really appreciate any help that we can get!

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
D&J2017    1

Hi ddngirl

welcome to the surrogacy journey!

We are working with A Host of Possibilities agency and are really happy with them.

We are international gay IP and love the way they are helping us in everything, not only during the “matching” process but also in the rest of the journey.

Regarding the payments, we had to make a first payment at the beginning of the process and paid for the rest when our GC was medically cleared and had the legal clearance, so this shouldn’t be a problem, because you will be matched for sure with a loving GC.

Everything is looking good so far, we are currently 23th pregnancy and so excited, and they, Nicole and her staff, are in touch with us sometimes per week.

We are doing our process in ID and waiting for a good delivery in Ontario OR which is quite near Boise ID where AHOP and our GC lives so we hopefully will be able to be both parents in the birth certificate, fingers crossed!!

If there’s something else we can help, just let us know.

D&J

traci72    202
17 hours ago, ddngirl said:

1. Are there any IPs who have gone with any of these agencies and have any recommendation or apprehensions?   Are you on Facebook? They have an agency review group there where you can get more feedback on these agencies. If you use the Search box here, you may find some. Also use Google for reviews on them. I know that there is an agency in ID that didn't have the best recommendations, but I'm drawing a blank on which one it was.

2. We just have 2 embryos so are really confused on what we should do. Should there be something specific we should look for in GC? Like our doctor said repeat carrier is recommended.  Using an experienced surrogate does give you the reassurance that she knows the process, what is required of her and that she has carried a surrogate pg and followed through w/all aspects of it. That said, it doesn't mean that the transfer would be successful, unfortunately. I carried my 1st surro-pg just fine, it took on the 1st transfer and all was well. I worked w/my 2nd IP's and 'believed' that because I was successful the 1st time, that things would go the same this next time. It did not. We had 2 failed transfers, which was devastating. As an experienced surrogate, I've gone through many failed transfers, and it is hard. I've had quite a few very successful transfers as well. Unfortunately when it comes to IVF, it's a crap shoot. The odds WOULD be more in your favor w/good embryos and an experienced surrogate though.

3. The agencies are requiring us to pay them their fee before matching with GC. What if they are not able to match us?   This is very common for agencies, though not all will require full payment before matching. It is more common for an agency to have their fee broken down, w/payments due at certain times. Most common I've seen is an initial payment upfront, 1/3 due when contracts finalized and 1/3 due prior to transfer. Some I've seen 1/3 up front, 1/3 at matching and 1/3 by contracts. What has happened to agencies that matched before receiving any payment, has been that the IP's and GS would then break off from the agency and go indy from that point on. The agency had already spent the money screening the GS, background checks, etc, and they are now out that money, which is NOT fair or ethical on the part of the IP's and GS. This used to happen more often, until more agencies started changing their fee structure. I work for an agency and we are often left w/more IP's than surrogates. Sometimes we have the surrogates, but the requirements from the IP's don't match up to what we have available. When this happens, our agency will reach out to others to see if they have a surrogate that meets these IP requirements. If we find a surrogate w/another agency, we negotiate w/that agency to match our IP w/their GS. Sometimes an agency just doesn't have someone that would be a suitable match, and it might take a bit longer. Nothing about surrogacy is fast (you'll hear the comment "hurry up and wait" used a LOT when it comes to surrogacy) and honestly should not be expected to be rushed. Having patience is a must, though sometimes it's harder to do.