Sign in to follow this  
Ashley D

Beta #

Ashley D    0

I had one embryo transferred on the 22, did a 12 day beta and my number was 971 what does that mean

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

It means you're pg....Congrats!!!

:congrats::dog::preggo3:

traci72    202

I'm not going to lie, it is ALWAYS a possibility, and over the last year, I have seen a significant jump in splitters. That said, I have ALWAYS had insanely high numbers (IMO) whether w/twins or singletons, and beta's can't tell you one way or the other. My 1st surrogacy was a SET. The RE said that up until that point, he hadn't seen a beta as high as mine at that point, and it only be one. He told us to prepare for twins as he felt certain it was a splitter. That singleton baby will be 10yrs old this Spring! My twin pg was 200 pts above that singleton pg, so we thought just 1 embryo took...until the viability U/S. Since we transferred 2 embryos, we really should NOT have been surprised, but we were. I have a dear friend that had an incredibly low beta w/her twin pg (surrogacy) and they thought *if the pg stayed (thought it could be a chemical) that it was only 1, so you just never know until the U/S. 

traci72    202

Waiting for the U/S is almost as tortuous as waiting for the beta!!

jessa4140    44

Oops, I see the sonogram picture now. It wasn't showing up when I posted! Congrats! That's fantastic news!