MaggieManchester

Low in Vitamin D

I did my screening at the fertility clinic and have been found to be low in Vitamin D.

The prescription is 50'000 of Vitamin D once a week for 4 weeks.

I took 50'000 last night and man, my stomach did not like this at all.

Anyone have any advice on keeping Vitamin D levels Higher and to make sure my next blood test in a month will show a Vitamin D level that is acceptable?

Advertisers are how we pay the bills to keep the forums going.
Say thanks by clicking a banner from time to time!
traci72    202

I went through this too when pg w/the twins. My Dr suggested I take it w/OJ and that it should be easier. I don't have stomach acids any more, which is why she thought maybe it was so hard on me. It DID help some and, IMO, it seemed to help it absorb a bit better. I had gastric bypass many years ago, so I don't absorb most things as I should. I tried to get more time outside in the sun (that's how we get vit. c naturally!!), making sure I had sunscreen on! Even just putting the window down while driving helps get that little bit extra. Also, if you try the  OJ and it doesn't seem to help, break up the amt over a couple of days. You're still getting the amt you need in the time frame of a week, but it may be easier on your stomach.

12 hours ago, traci72 said:

I went through this too when pg w/the twins. My Dr suggested I take it w/OJ and that it should be easier. I don't have stomach acids any more, which is why she thought maybe it was so hard on me. It DID help some and, IMO, it seemed to help it absorb a bit better. I had gastric bypass many years ago, so I don't absorb most things as I should. I tried to get more time outside in the sun (that's how we get vit. c naturally!!), making sure I had sunscreen on! Even just putting the window down while driving helps get that little bit extra. Also, if you try the  OJ and it doesn't seem to help, break up the amt over a couple of days. You're still getting the amt you need in the time frame of a week, but it may be easier on your stomach.

Thank you for the added tip of orange juice I will try this!! :)