We went in for our 2nd U/S on Thursday (I know, I'm late) and everything looks great! The baby looks like a little gummy bear, and was almost double in size from the week before. Since everything looked good, we were officially released from the RE. I got my weaning instructions for my meds. I'm on my PIO until March 16, then I'm on suppositories until the 30th. I keep on my delestrogen until the 30th. I'm so happy that I'll be done with the everyday shots by the time I go CA on the 19th. :)/> :needle:/> We also went to the genetic counselor, and we're doing the 1st Trimester Screen on the 30th, and a CVS on the 31st. I'm rather nervous of the CVS.
Well, I talked to my IM a couple of days ago, and she was wondering about genetic testing. Her eggs were 37 years old, so she was thinking about doing a CVS. That's fine with me, but I am worried about the miscarraige risk. So, she called her OB for his opinion, and he suggested we get a nuchal translucency scan & first trimester screen first. Well, that has to take place between 11 and 14 weeks, and the CVS is between 10 and 13. So, we have to get the NT screening done as early as we can, in case we need the CVS. Unfortunately, my 11th week is when I had planned to go to CA to be in a wedding. Hopefully, we can get in really early that week, so I can still get to CA in time. We have a meeting with a genetic counselor on the 23rd of Feb. Wish us luck. :luck:/>
Our third was 2311 at 17dp5dt!
I just noticed that I still had a draft entry, so I went to publish it, and it came up as new. So, if you're wondering why the heck I have a biopsy results post after I'm already pregnant, that's why. It was actually from December. Anyway, we had our 2nd beta on Friday, at 14dp5dt, and it was 756. Hooray! I think we have one lovely little baby in there. Our last beta is tomorrow, and we have our sono on Feb 16th. :bliss:/> (OK, I know I'm a dork, but does anybody else try to catch the little "bliss" smiley before you click on it?)
Well, it's been a long time since I updated. We got our resuts from the biopsy, and everything was fine. I don't know what all of that talk about 43 days on pills or whatever was. Once the results came back, our nurse scheduled the FET. She gave us a choice of days, and we picked the 19th of January. She counted backwards, and had me start my BCPs with my December period. She told me to stop on Christmas Eve, so I had AF the week after Christmas. I went in for a day 2 lining check. OMG, how gross is it to have an U/S when you're on your period. Luckily, the flow was pretty light that day. So, I have another lining check on the 15th, and a transfer on the 19th!Woo hoo!
So, my beta was this morning. No results yet, still waiting. Anyway, my appointment was at 8:30, and they do their last beta blood draws at 8:45. It takes ma 30 min to get there, so we left at 7:45 so we would have plenty of time. I had DD with me, so it's always wisest to pad the time. So, la la la, we're getting close. Then, the traffic stopped. Now, the drive from my house to the clinic is not one where you can just pull off onto surface streets. There is one surface street that goes all the way, and it's not a straight shot. Plus, I had just passed the exit for it. I called 411 and got the number for the clinic, but they gave me 2 numbers and connected me to the wrong one. At this point, it's 8:25, and I'm freaking out. How could I tell my IM that I missed the beta? After I left a message on the first number, I decided to call the second one, and it was right. The receptionist assured me that I was OK as long as I got there by 10, because that's when they send the blood out to the lab. Thank God. Then I heard on the radio that the traffic was due to a wreck with 2 tractor-trailers & an oil spill. I finally got there at a little after 9, and it all went smoothly from there. Oh, and traffic was lovely when I came home. You couldn't see any evidence of a traffic jam at all. So now there's just the waiting.....
So, I started feeling pregnant a few days after the transfer. My boobs are sore (could be the delestrogen, I know, but it hasn't done that to me since the mock cycle.) One day, I think it was last Sunday, I woke up exhausted, and have stayed that way ever since. I had what I'm almost positive was implantation spotting on Tuesday. My reflux is already worse :heartburn:/> , and smells are really starting to get to me. Then, last night, I woke up starving in the middle of the night. When I was pregnant with DD, I got up every night for a bowl of cereal. I got a :bfp:/> on Friday night, at 8dp5dt. I had gotten several negatives before that. My IPs were out of state when I got my BFP, and it was killing me that I couldn't tell them. I had talked to IM about HPTs, and she said she didn't want me to test too early, because she couldn't deal with negatives. Once I got my +, though, I really wanted to tell them. I knew my IM had her laptop with her, so I tried emailing, to get permission to test, so I could tell them about my +, but I didn't hear back. Then, I emailed them a scanned in picture of my :bfp:/> , but I still didn't hear. Finally, I called and left a message on their cellphone. It turns out they were on the plane when I called, and they didn't have internet access while in Florida. My IM called me back just as I was getting ready to go into work, so I could only talk for a minute. I called her back after work. We're so excited!!! Our first beta is tomorrow. :)/> :bliss:/> :miracles:
We had our transfer 2 days ago. :)/> We transferred 2 5-day blasts with assisted hatching. The RE said they looked great! So, here's waiting for our beta on the 1st!
So busy! We've had both sides of the family over within the last couple of weeks, so I haven't had time to write. Anyway, I had my mock transfer and my endometrial biopsy on December 2nd. Man, that hurt. I thought it was worse than the HSG. The cramps lasted all day, too, and I felt like poo. Next time I do this, I will definitely ask for a mock cycle fee. The fee is supposed to be for pain & suffering, right? Well, I definitely had pain and suffering last month. The shots started to really hurt towards the end of it, and that biopsy just sucked butt. I should have my results back by the end of this week, though, so we should be able to schedule our transfer. :)/> They didn't want to start me on the shots again until the results come back, but I'm not sure if they'll have me wait until after I have another period. I'm confused on all the meds, but I just follow what they tell me, and I'm fine. They had me start BCPs with last week's period, so I'm on my way. :)/> My IPs are going out-of-state at the end of January, so hopefully we'll be able to get the transfer in before that. The clinic said that otherwise, they can hold my cycle until they get back. So, we're looking at either end of January or beginning of February right now. I had my life insurance exam thing this morning, so I'm on my way for that, too. Hooray!
So, I had my lining check today for my mock cycle. The forst thing the doctor said after she put the ultrasound wand in was, "Oh, it's perfect." Hooray for my lining! My bloodwork came back good, too, so I'm on target to start my PIO on Wednesday. I'm really nervous about it. The good thig is that my nurse mom is coming for a visit starting Friday, so she can give us a week long, one-on-one injections class. Anyway, My IM just talked to a lady at the clinic, and she said that if I start AF by December 10th, we might be able to do a January transfer. It has to be at least 27 days from the start of AF, and I have to have been on BCPs for 43 days. Unfortunately, they don't have me starting BCPs until my next period, so if I start on the 10th, that wouldn't make 43 days until the 23rd of January, and my IM will be gone to Florida for a conference. Crap. There's no way I would start my period early enough to catch the Sunday before, either. That's assuming they do Sunday starts for BCPs. If they'll let me do a day 1 start, we can just hope (or pray, if you do that) that I start by the 7th or 8th. If I have 28 days this month, I'm slated to start on the 9th. I usually go 29 or 30 though. I guess we're looking at February. I hope they can just keep me stable until they get back from Florida, so we don't have to wait until the end of the month. I'm kind of torn, I was really hoping to be further along by the time I went to CA for my friend's wedding in March, maybe on the way out of the morning sickness phase - the wedding's on a boat. I'm really excited about getting pregnant, though, and that's more important than the wedding for me. I'm just really worried that my friend won't see it that way. We've been friends for like 13 years, and I feel like such a butt for even considering not going. If I'm sick, though, I don't want to go all the way out there for a miserable trip. My family is really looking forward to us coming out there, too. Well, maybe if we don't make it out in March we can go out in the summer. :)/>