Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors -> Contracts where are you?

Contracts where are you?

Posted by alittlebit26  , 28 December 2007 - 09:25 PM

So I met with my IPs on November 30th and we immediately determined that this was a go. We have been in constant contact, though it isn't very easy since they only speak French and I only speak English. But we use Instant Messenger and Email and free online translators. Because we are going through an agency we are not supposed to talk about money and/or legal aspects of this whole process, which, to be honest, is the whole reason I wanted to go through an agency. However, because of this, I have no idea where the contract stands. I understand it might take some time for B and D to get through the whole contract because they have to have the contract interpreted and then re-interpreted back to English if they make any changes, but its been about a month and I don't even have a copy to look at.

I am not sure what the typical wait period is for the contract initial stage, but I feel like this is longer than normal. Especially considering the fact that B and D are under the impression that we will be going to transfer by April, which includes a mock cycle prior to.

Ugh - I didn't realize that this hurry up and wait stuff applied to things other than the Army. Each stage takes so long to get through, but at the same time, we have been in this whole process for 7 months now and it feels like just last week I was making the phone call. We would be almost ready to deliver if this were the pregnancy. Its going to fly by once we get there and that is the part I am afraid of most of all.

1 Comments On This Entry

Page 1 of 1

stanandjamie 

20 June 2008 - 08:56 AM
Ok so what happened next??!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Your story has been so great so far I am dying to know what happened next.
Page 1 of 1

Leave A Comment

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund