• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Surromom360

Surromom360

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:01 AM

Hello everyone!
It's been awhile. Both babies are looking great and so far growing on schedule. I'm not going to lie I feel huge! I got my very first "oh honey, you look like you are ready to pop!" From some stranger at the mall the other day. Not my favorite comment in the world. Things have still been good but I have had to force myself to slow down. I'm a nurse at the hospital and I was working 2 12 hour shifts but my doctor told me he would really like me to switch to 8's so now I work 3 8's which I'm not really excited about. The Braxton hicks have been here me there but yesterday I noticed there were a few that demanded my attention (not painful but just made me stop and wait for it to finish) today I've been staying hydrated and trying to be down more than I am up and it has helped. I had my first prenatal massage last week and it was amazing!!! I have had such bad back pain and so the massage felt amazing. Hope everyone is doing well! Are there any others out there pregnant with twins around 26 weeks? Would love to hear how you are doing and what your experience has been like!

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Aww!  Wonderful update!  I"m so glad you're staying healthy. 

I'm sorry to hear about the back pain. :(

Some women swear by chiropractic adjustments during pregnancy. 

I used to get good results from stretching like a cow. LOL From a crawling position on hands/knees,  let your belly sag down further while looking up toward the ceiling then switch to arching your back up while you tuck your chin and look down. That stretch seems to loosen my hips so baby could settle more comfortably. But I only carried 9lb singletons so I can only imagine the strain from two. 

I hope you find some relief (or room in your budget for more massages)!

#3 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

PS - to be able to edit from your phone, press on the post itself.  There's a small window of time when editing is possible before the post is stuck forever.  When you tap on the post, you'll at least be able to quote it if the edit option is no longer available.  It looks like this on my phone:

IMG_3920.png

#4 traci72

traci72

new adventures on the horizon

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

Boy do I remember those days!! I'm sorry the more challenging and painful part is starting. I had lower back issues for years before I lost all my weight, but carrying the twins brought it all back. I didn't have any prenatal massages at all (wish I did, but I procrastinate about things that require me to travel when I'm huge) but DID do the chiropractor and it was really helpful. As for those comments, I really think there should be a warning posted somewhere that if you open your mouth and say shit like that, you should be prepared to get smacked!! Nothing like thinking you're being "funny" as an excuse to say something that really is inherently rude and hurtful.

Beach~ I've never heard of that stretch being referred to stretching like a cow, so I had to laugh. I grew up hearing it called a "cat" stretch. http://www.sparkpeop...sp?exercise=305

I learn something new every day!!

I hope the BH don't become more troublesome either. I don't remember at what point I started noticing them w/the twins, but I know somewhere around 28-30wks at least, I ended up w/nerve damage on an area of my stomach and didn't always notice them. Keep us posted as you're getting farther along!!

#5 Surromom360

Surromom360

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 11:56 AM

Good to know about the editing! I think every post or comment I have ever written on here I always wonk about my fat finger syndrome. Lol! That's funny about the positioning! I have always heard it called the cat cow stretch so you are both correct in my book! And I have been doing that and it does help temporarily. 😊 Hot baths also help and cold beer. (Just kidding!)

Traci a chiropractor did help? I may look into that if this back pain gets much worse. I have always had back pain with my other kiddos but this is definitely worse. did you carry your twins to 37 weeks or how far were you when you had them?

Edited by Surromom360, 01 March 2017 - 11:57 AM.

#6 Surromom360

Surromom360

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

Guess what! I edited that last post and it worked! Woo hoo!! 👍🏻

#7 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

Beach~ I've never heard of that stretch being referred to stretching like a cow, so I had to laugh. I grew up hearing it called a "cat" stretch. http://www.sparkpeop...sp?exercise=305

I learn something new every day!!

I think the cat stretch is the up part.  The cow stretch is the down part.  So both together would be cat-cow.  But the cow portion seemed to make the biggest difference for me.  I reckon I'm not very cat-like? :)

Traci a chiropractor did help? 

I did one pregnancy without any chiropractic care (I thought they were quacks) and one pregnancy with chiropractic care (oh what the heck; may as well try something) and it made a world of difference for hip/ back pain as well as delivery. 

Both were due date babies.  The baby under chiropractic care was 9oz bigger and a much much easier birth. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Two is not a very big sample ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users