Photo

Blue Cross insurance in Texas covers surrogacy???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 D&J2017

D&J2017

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:26 PM

Hello to everyone,

We have found this type of insurance for our future GC, and we would like to be informed about this company and if this covers surrogacy process, due to we are from Spain and we don't know very much how the USA insurances work for this.

The policy is : blue advantage plus gold HMO 101

We would be very grateful if you could give us some more information about this.

Thank you very much for your help!

D&J

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

If this is the correct coverage document for your plan, then I do not notice an exclusion for surrogacy:

https://www.bcbstx.c...X0770001-03.pdf

However, I did notice on page 29 it says:

"A separate Hospital admission Copayment/Coinsurance is required for a newborn child at time of delivery."
It is my understanding that YOUR baby would not be covered under the SURROGATE'S policy. And considering this policy requires a separate hospital bill for baby, you might want to check with your surrogacy agency or the insurance agency to find out whether your baby will be covered under your policy from Spain or if you should plan for additional newborn expenses. 

#3 D&J2017

D&J2017

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

Hi!
Many thanks for the information.
Yes we will need to purchase another policy for the newborn, this only covers GC.
They have told us to go on with the "gold" plan, as it has a low OOP and deductible, moreover as, if we were lucky, would be ready for the transfer by June 2017, so the delivery would be on 2018, and the policy would come to $0 again...

Step by step, first hope we can go on with skype, psychological screening and medical clearance and contract...

Long way still...

Thank you very much!

D&J

#4 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:13 PM

You're making progress!  Congrats on one step closer!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users