• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 beachalice

beachalice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:23 PM

I had asked a while back if my children qualifying for CHIP would make me seem not financially stable.

I can't find my original post, but I wanted to update for anyone who may have the same question. 

CHIP is low-cost health insurance for children whose families who do not qualify for medicaid. Co-payments and premiums are often on a sliding scale based on income, and the limits are quite generous in my opinion. 

Qualifying for CHIP isn't a factor ALONE that may make one seem financially motivated.  Although significant amounts of debt or lengthy unemployment other than voluntarily being a homemaker, etc could sway the decision whether to approve a surro.

However, the important information to note is that compensation from surrogacy is compensation that counts toward the income limits for insurance subsidies.  So anyone using CHIP or other income-based services needs to evaluate how compensation will affect the new income levels.

The income from surrogacy compensation might be taken into account for child support, educational financial assistance, insurance subsidies, etc. 

• traci72 likes this

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users