Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Conception vs. Baby - Survey Says - Surrogacy Forums

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Conception vs. Baby What do you believe?

Poll: Conception / Baby (89 member(s) have cast votes)

Life starts at conception, and a fetus is a baby

1. Yes (63 votes [70.79%])

Percentage of vote: 70.79%

2. No (18 votes [20.22%])

Percentage of vote: 20.22%

3. Other (8 votes [8.99%])

Percentage of vote: 8.99%

A fetus is not a baby

1. Yes (19 votes [21.35%])

Percentage of vote: 21.35%

2. No (64 votes [71.91%])

Percentage of vote: 71.91%

3. Other (6 votes [6.74%])

Percentage of vote: 6.74%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   azsurro 

• a very sad mom
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Member

Post icon  Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Thanks in advance for answering ...

#2 User is offline   thoffman1120 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

Curious, why do you ask??

#3 User is offline   azsurro 

• a very sad mom
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:24 PM

A friend of mine and I were debating it. I believe a fetus is a baby .. and my friend didn't. I was just curious what others thought. :dontknowsmilie:/>

#4 User is offline   Lowboy Love 

• PipPip
  • Group: Banned

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:27 PM

I think you are going to get some varied and strong opinions on this. It is a intersting topic that's for sure!

#5 User is offline   surro4me 

• Proud Mom & Surrogate
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:30 PM

A friend of mine and I were debating it. I believe a fetus is a baby .. and my friend didn't. I was just curious what others thought.

Hmmm.... I'm guessing then that you are Pro Life and she is Pro Choice - that is usually where I hear the argument about this one derived from. Maybe I'm wrong. :dontknowsmilie:/>

I think you are going to get some varied and strong opinions on this. It is a intersting topic that's for sure!

I agree. I smell a possible debate on this one...

#6 User is offline   azsurro 

• a very sad mom
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:08 PM

View Postsurro4me, on Oct 2 2006, 03:30 AM, said:

I agree. I smell a possible debate on this one...

I kinda agree about the debate ... and I am actually about 1/2 and 1/2 with prolife/pro choice. If I were to be fooling around (since I am single) and got prego, I'd keep it. I personally couldn't abort. But I also believe women should have a choice too. I just thought it would be interesting to see what others think. :dontknowsmilie:/>

Thanks.

#7 User is offline   @Sunrise 

• GC x 2: Retired!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:37 AM

I am half and half too. I personally believe that life starts at conception, but it's still a persons choice what to do. That is the great thing about life, we all have fee will, it's what we do with that freedom that makes us who we are. I could not end a life. I always knew I could not do it so I was very careful with my sex life. While being a surro, I had to endure a therapeutic abortion *shudder* due to missing vital organs, and THAT was VERY HARD to deal with. I could not imagine my mental state if I ever did that with a normally developing child.

#8 User is offline   scorpionsrose 

• Mom, Surro, LMT ~ Live is good
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2006 - 04:53 PM

I'm also on both sides of the issue. I would never have an abortion with my own child. I believe life begins with the heartbeat. I did have a friend in high school who got pregnant. I did talk to her at extent about both sides of the situation. I told her I would support her in whatever decision she made. Abortion is not a choice I would make with my own, but it is a decision that each individual has to make for herself and live with in the long run.

#9 User is offline   Haysha 

• Hmmmmm whats next.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

I believe that life starts at implantation and not actually at conception persay. Which is why I am ok with the IUD and pill. Where my sister feels it starts at conception and therefore is not ok with those methods of birth control. I absolutely feel that a fetus is a baby.

#10 Guest_WaitingIM_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:01 PM

I'm pro-life. I believe that life starts at conception and that a fetus is a human at an early stage of development and therefore should be afforded the chance at life. :)/>

#11 User is offline   azsurro 

• a very sad mom
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 October 2006 - 11:26 PM

Thank you all for your comments! Its nice to know I am not alone sitting on both sides of the fence. Most people I've talked to are hard core one side or the other and try to get me to see 'their side' ... I do, but I also see and understand the "other" side!

#12 User is offline   TJ 

• GSx2
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:06 AM

I am not on both sides of the fence. I am PRO-CHOICE.
I find it interesting that many will call this being on both sides because I strongly believe that life starts at conception and that I would not abort my own. Being PRO-CHOICE does not mean being pro-abortion. I am pro-choice, I do not believe it is something anyone can chose but the pregnant woman herself. I believe very strongly in THE CHOICE. I know what I would choose, but I also know that it is not the choice for everyone.

#13 User is offline   Kathleen55 

• July will make 4!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:02 AM

:ditto sign:/>

#14 Guest_Chrisandbethsmom_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

View PostTJ, on Oct 3 2006, 09:06 AM, said:

I am not on both sides of the fence. I am PRO-CHOICE.
I find it interesting that many will call this being on both sides because I strongly believe that life starts at conception and that I would not abort my own. Being PRO-CHOICE does not mean being pro-abortion. I am pro-choice, I do not believe it is something anyone can chose but the pregnant woman herself. I believe very strongly in THE CHOICE. I know what I would choose, but I also know that it is not the choice for everyone.

Very well put TJ.
I as well would never choose abortion, but that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't. I don't like abortion, just the thought saddens me.....but I am not the person that is living everyday with the decision to either abort or have a child.

I also think life begins at a heartbeat~when our hearts cease to continue beating....we are no longer alive.

#15 User is offline   Daffodil 

• The one that never was :p
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

I am pro choice.

I would never choose an abortion for myself for just getting pregnant on a bad timing. But I would consider it if there were serious evidences of serious malformation or debilitating condition. I would not born a child that would have a lifelong battle with a condition that would make him depending completely on others to live. In that sense I believe in euthanasia for the unborn I must speak for and for the severly ill adult that request it himself.

I feel having the choice is necessary when there is a responsibility involved. I know that many women prefer to abort here than carrying a child to give it in adoption because our stupid laws do not allow them to do directed or open adoption. Some prefer living with the certainty that a child has not been borned to suffer from bad or illequipped parents than living with the uncertainty of its faith. Its sad. But I would not be able to live in a society that deprive people of that basic choice.

I think life starts at conception because of the potential which is almost mystical; and that is one of the reason why i was very upset that we had to destroy the embryos. However, I feel somehow that until the heartbeat, it can be treated as a mole or cancer or any other form of aberration or parasite that lives off of another organism. However, once the heart starts beating, I feel it has claimed its individuality.

I sometimes wonder when the soul attach to the baby. But I am not sure that if we knew, it would not necessarily constitute a criteria to determine when we should put a limit for elective life termination.

Although I cannot see myself doing an abortion, I came to find a reasonning that helps me feel at peace with those that can make that choice. The duration of a life has very little importance. Each soul, in God's grand plan for us, is being assigned to the body that will allow it to learn on this plan what it has come to learn. So my soul was sent to a body that suffers from arthritis and that was borned in a family where the dad was an alcoholic. And my soul along with my personality are jointly living this existence until my time has come. And it is to hope that when that time comes, my soul will have completed what it was supposed to learn and accomplish in that period of time. So, the same way, the soul that got to share a few weeks or months with a woman who ultimately will resort to abort, was chosen because its faith was to live that very experience and to learn something for it.

In other words. I believe that whatever we chose or are imposed upon will be an occasion to grow and that God in his infinit wisdom, has orchestrated it for us in the best possible way. So that if we make our choices with Love and purity at heart, we can entrust the consequences in Gods hands.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund