Photo

Bratz Dolls

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about Bratz? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

In your opinion are they...

1. Innaproriate and not allowed in your home. (30 votes [56.60%])

Percentage of vote: 56.60%

2. They bug me but they are just dolls, so no big deal. (15 votes [28.30%])

Percentage of vote: 28.30%

3. People need to relax! It's just a toy and totally not a big deal! (8 votes [15.09%])

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Charilee7

Charilee7

Is it over already?!?

• PipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:18 AM

So my step daughter brought a Bratz doll movie to my house, and I am just plain don't like them. I think they teach sexual objectification is cool and thats not okay with me. I have never personally had one in my home, but have been told they go as far as to put "thong-like" underwear on them. So my questions is, how do you feel about them? Are they just dolls, or are they inappropriate?

eta: I should spell check before I post polls, because apparently you can't edit poll options, lol!

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 Kathleen55

Kathleen55

July will make 4!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

I think they are horrible! They look like little trashy girls in cheap clothing and too much makeup. I was shocked when my SIL told me thats what i should get for her 7 yr old DD!!

#3 michellemomx5

michellemomx5

Who are all these kids and why are they calling me mommy? ;)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:27 AM

Since my 6 y.o. DD wants a "Bratz" themed party (just the cake and paper goods) I really can't say that I won't allow them. I'm not thrilled with them, but I'm looking at it as if this too is a phase that she will outgrow and they will end up in a garbage bag going out to the trash in 6 months anyway! :haha:

#4 momof2

momof2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

I'm with Michelle. I'm not totally against them, don't really care for them, however I have talked with my DD about them. She knows what a "brat" is and I'm sure she will be over them soon when something new comes out.

#5 Guest_Starfish_*

Guest_Starfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

They look like little hookers and I don't want my children to play with those thinking that is what they have to look like.

#6 Pennylane9996

Pennylane9996

2 the world U may B one person, but to me U R the WORLD

• PipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

I have no lil girls in my family but my surro's DD adores them.
I think they're pretty trashy and not great "role model" dolls but they'll
get outdated soon. Hopefully NOT by trashier dolls :bitelip:

#7 lilbelle

lilbelle

Making June bugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,614 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

you didn't have other so I haven't voted yet but my daughter didn't want anything to do with them then her friend got the baby brats and then she wanted some so we got her a couple baby bratz and she played with them once or twice and that was it. They have real underwear though LOL She doesn't watch the shows or anything so it doesn't bother me she played with the baby bratz but I guess I am lucky she would rather draw, color or paint.

#8 Blessed2X

Blessed2X

busy busy bee

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

So far we've been able to avoid getting any just by showing DD the age reccomendations on the box (6+) and telling her not till she's 6, but now that date is fast approaching so we may just have to break down and get her one. She mainly just likes to dress her dolls over and over, so I guess it won't be that bad, but I'm not too excited about them.

#9 leannh

leannh

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

my daughter has a tons of brat dolls, and loves them, there are some that are a little extreme, but if i think its inappropriate one than we will pick another one. as a parent you just got to pay attention to which ones your getting, some of them are fine!!

#10 surro4me

surro4me

Proud Mom & Surrogate

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

My DD has one or two Bratz dolls and I don't think she even notices they are much different than her Barbies (she got the Bratz dolls as a gift). She just likes to dress them and play with them, but isn't so concerned with the fashion of them.

We don't have any movies and have not watched anything with Bratz on TV.

#11 Charilee7

Charilee7

Is it over already?!?

• PipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

I just think they all look like botoxed, overly made up trash with their stomachs hanging out and giant heeled shoes. If I saw someone who actually LOOKED like them, I have to stiffle a laugh and them make fun of them to my husband, LOL. My husband calls them teeny tiny hooker babies, lol. I think like Donna said, that even if they do get outdated, how can we be assured they won't be replaced by trashier versions? I mean, people are buying them. I'm not okay with Julia thinking thats how she should look or dress. I just think about what people used to say about Barbie, and these things put her to shame. Jeez, at least Barbie had a job, LMAO.

Anyway, as most of you know, I am no prude by any way shape or form. I just can't understand why these things were even invented and why there is a market for them. Now my soon to be 4 year old DD really wants one, and I tell her no way, they are not nice babies. Uggh, I just hate that they even exist. Just one more thing to add to my list of things to do while at Target, explain to Julia why she can't have Bratz .

#12 QueenDawn

QueenDawn

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

My 2 boys love them and play with the boy dolls all the time. They have the stage and sushi bar and all the vehicles. i see nothing wrong with them. When I was younger I played with barbies and she wore high heeled shoes and lingerie and panties and so forth so no big deal here. Its just a doll!

#13 Maysbls

Maysbls

Former GS ~~ TS x1.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,448 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

They do not come into my house... they are entirely inappropriate! My daughters acutally got the game ~ Mall Crawl ~ or somesuch name. My mother was even horrified at the message it sent to the girls when she sat down to set the game up for the girls. They only played it that one (1) time ~ then I quitely gave it away to a woman who's children were older and she didn't mind.
My girls don't even ask for the dolls... they know how I feel about the clothing and the make up and the message. They understand that they can be more than just a female "pimp".

#14 punkangel

punkangel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:41 PM

It's not only the "clothing" apperance that gets me...it is the "brat" attitude that they throw out like It's okay to be superficial and be ....well...bratty.

#15 chocolat

chocolat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:44 PM

I don't like the dolls. My almost 7 yr old has asked about getting the dolls for Christmas/birthdays and DH and I explain that Barbies are okay in our household while Bratz dolls are not. We've explained that the way the dolls are dressed and made-up is inappropriate. We have a 9 yr old neighbor girl my DD plays with that tends to dress and act like a Bratz doll (think the cartoon) and we've noticed how DD behaves after playing with the neighbor. DD has a follower personality and is very impressionable. I don't need dolls pushing home the message that acting the part of an ill-behaved slut is okay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com