Failed Cycle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_JacquelineS_*

Guest_JacquelineS_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

]We just found out that our first cycle with a gestational surrogate. I'm so discouraged. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy when my daughter was born in March 2007. She was conceived through IVF on the first try. I thought it would work with a gs because the embryos were the same quality as before. My FSH is 9 and the gs has had two easy pregnancies herself. I don't think it's age because I was 37 when my daughter was conceived and I'm 38 now. How common is it for a first cycle to fail? I want to try again, but am scared. Do many surrogates have a failed first cycle then go on to a successful second cycle? Please help.[/font]

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 Kathleen55

Kathleen55

July will make 4!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

I'm so sorry it didn't work this first time. I also had a positive on my first try with a GS at 37 and a negative with a different GS at 38. It's really all such a matter of luck. Statistically it takes 3 tries to be successful with IVF and then things vary with a GS. I wouldn't let it get you down. We are all here for you when you try again next time. :hugs:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users