Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Failed Cycle - Ask a Parent via Surrogacy - Surrogacy Forums

About This Forum

Kathleen is a wonderful wife and doting mother via GS. Her miracle baby Grace was born via surrogate (and best friend) in March of 2006 and she is actively on her way to journey for a sibling.

My name is Shauna. I am happily married to my DH for 8 yrs, together for 11. We have 1 beautiful daughter that was born to us through Traditional surrogacy. She was born in March 2005, and is the absolute light of our lives. We live in the province Alberta in Canada. I have been involved in the Surrogacy community since 2001. I am now a retired Former Intended Mother, but love to offer support, my friendship, or try to answer any questions anyone may have regarding surrogacy from an IM POV.

Questions asked in this forum will not show up until they are answered by Kathleen or Shauna. If you want answers from several IP's, please post in another section.

Guests may post in this forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Failed Cycle

#1 Guest_JacquelineS_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

]We just found out that our first cycle with a gestational surrogate. I'm so discouraged. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy when my daughter was born in March 2007. She was conceived through IVF on the first try. I thought it would work with a gs because the embryos were the same quality as before. My FSH is 9 and the gs has had two easy pregnancies herself. I don't think it's age because I was 37 when my daughter was conceived and I'm 38 now. How common is it for a first cycle to fail? I want to try again, but am scared. Do many surrogates have a failed first cycle then go on to a successful second cycle? Please help.[/font]

#2 User is offline   Kathleen55 

• July will make 4!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:22 AM

I'm so sorry it didn't work this first time. I also had a positive on my first try with a GS at 37 and a negative with a different GS at 38. It's really all such a matter of luck. Statistically it takes 3 tries to be successful with IVF and then things vary with a GS. I wouldn't let it get you down. We are all here for you when you try again next time. :hugs:/>

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund