Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Can someone please explain... - Surrogacy for Alternative Families - Surrogacy Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can someone please explain...

#1 Guest_KSSurrogate_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:02 PM

The apparent obsession of gay men with gift wrapping?

I got some packages today - which contained some really gorgeous gifts. All gift wrapped. Don't they know I like to cheat??? Plus, they've totally shown up all of the gifts that I wrapped (not my area of greatest strength).

I tease my first IF about this all the time. He gift wraps everything. Everything. When I went to LA for transfer, I forgot to pack underwear and I was all paranoid about "implantation bleeding" on the way home. So I sent him off to buy me some (he loves me). He came back to the hotel with panties in a gift bag. :rolleyes:/>

#2 Guest_Starfish_*

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:13 PM

Uhm, gifts are to be wrapped, yes?

#3 User is offline   Karen1229 

• Senior AAS Addict
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

I say live it up cuz one of these day's you'll be getting gifts tied with a knot in a walmart grocery bag and you'll be thinking...ode to gay men and nice pretty packages lmao.

#4 Guest_KSSurrogate_*

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:44 PM

Uhm, gifts are to be wrapped, yes?

Bah. The box it arrives in is good enough for me! No waiting around for the actual holiday and such...

I say live it up cuz one of these day's you'll be getting gifts tied with a knot in a walmart grocery bag and you'll be thinking...ode to gay men and nice pretty packages lmao.

That's why I'm gonna marry Petter. No WalMart in Norway. ;)/>

#5 Guest_Starfish_*

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:51 PM

Shees, woman! Got to wrap gifts!

This years gift I have wrapped in brown paper with red tape. Red silk ribbon tied around. Then I have decorated with hearts and stars. The kids have decorated some with glitter, stamps and shiny stuff. The gifts all look great!

#6 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:17 PM

I'm w/you!! M & O have given myself, DH and the kids gifts on a couple of occasions now and everytime they are just gorgeous!! They look so darn fancy that I feel too guilty to try and peek. TOTALLY shows up the gifts we give them....not that it's a compitition, but one of these times I out do them!!! lololol!!!

#7 User is offline   jeffandmike 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:47 PM

I love to wrap and make the packages different, unique and beautiful. My mom always jokes and tells me she wants to keep the package wrapped and not open it. LOL I generally like to wrap! (just not at work at the PB) Damn red paper and stupid bows! ;-) Not all gay men like to wrap though my other half would rather put everything in a gift-bag....

#8 User is offline   Sarah 

• AAS Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:51 PM

I love beautifully wrapped gifts, although I cannot really do it myself... one day maybe. I am a peeker too, my BFF does my presents with glue stick so that I can't cheat!

#9 Guest_lkregula_*

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:13 PM

I can vouch for Jeff. Him- wrapping freak. Mike- not so much. Not all gay men love to gift wrap. Although it does often go together. Is Renate a gay man possibly? It seems to be the only explanation...

#10 User is offline   nessamamiof6 

• pregnant for L&A
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:21 PM

Lucky biyotch! I didn't get gifts!!! LOL!!!!
:theeye:/>

#11 User is offline   Alicia~in~MI 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

Wait! Go back to the "I forgot underwear" statement! LOL You went commando to your transfer. LMAO!

#12 User is offline   Momma2Twins 

• GSx3- coming this Spring!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:17 PM

View PostAlicia~in~MI, on Dec 26 2007, 04:22 PM, said:

Wait! Go back to the "I forgot underwear" statement! LOL You went commando to your transfer. LMAO!

TOTALLY what I was thinking??? That's too funny, I'm hoping you at least wore some green or yellow undies to the transfer! teehee

#13 Guest_KSSurrogate_*

Posted 26 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

I go commando pretty much all the time. I have really sensitive skin and the elastic in a lot of undies really bothers me. I'm much happier without it, so is my cooch, and, hey - less laundry!

#14 User is offline   Lovemytwingirls 

• Has officially lost her mind
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

:rofl:/>

I felt that way until I started all the shots for the transfer.. needed those panty things then lol..

Oh and My FIM wraps EVERYTHING! It drives me bonkers because she can sure kick my butt at it.

#15 User is offline   Papa2B 

• Pip
  • Group: Member

Post icon  Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:56 AM

Uhm, I think you need to revoke my gay license.

I have no aesthetic sensibilities. I'm as sloppy at gift wrapping as I am at dressing. Until meeting O, I wore white tube socks with black dress pants, and I wrapped everything in comic strip newspaper (environmental reasons). I never have the patience to fold the corners neatly. You know, those gifts where the paper is just slopped over the side and held together by a long conspicuous piece of tape.

For the record, Traci: If the gift looks beautiful, it's the work of O. If it is akin to a child playing a shrill violin, well, it was me. But I suspect that you already knew that.

Funny story: My mother was wrapping Xmas presents in the kitchen when she first met O. We came in and sat with her, and O picked up a few presents and started helping her, working his gift-wrapping magic. It was love at first present. And of course, she couldn't resist comparing him to me. They built an immediate alliance over their disdain for my sloppiness.

Sometimes O calls me a lesbian in the body of a gay man. What can I do?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund