How Long Did You Know Your IP's

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: How long was it? (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Away!

1. 6 months or less (84 votes [83.17%])

Percentage of vote: 83.17%

2. 6 months to 1 year (8 votes [7.92%])

Percentage of vote: 7.92%

3. 1 year to 2 (6 votes [5.94%])

Percentage of vote: 5.94%

4. 2 years or more (3 votes [2.97%])

Percentage of vote: 2.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_SabrinaM_*

Guest_SabrinaM_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:52 PM

How long was it from when you met your IP's till you signed contracts? And how did you meet them?

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 Blessed2X

Blessed2X

busy busy bee

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,977 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:02 PM

We met through the classifieds in August 04, met in person in Sept or Oct, testing was done in Dec 04/Jan 05 and then we signed. Transfer was June 05

#3 surro4me

surro4me

Proud Mom & Surrogate

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

I"ve had 2 sets of IPs.

First set of IPs: I started thinking about the idea of being a surrogate. I mentioned to my friends. One of my friends told me that her brother and sister-in-law had a child via a surrogate and had frozen embryos and wanted to try for another child. We lived in the same town, so it was perfect. She introduced us. We knew each other for over a year before we signed contracts (that's the one I voted on). We were researching certain aspects and just taking our time.

Second set of IPs: I met them through my first set of IPs. My FIM's parents were friends with my last IM's parents. That's how I ended up with a couple in New York. We knew each other about 4 1/2 months before signing contracts. Knew each other, as in meeting by phone first.

#4 lilbelle

lilbelle

Making June bugs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,614 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

I met my first IPs through MB office in Jan and that went quick because of the agency

2nd IPs met through NESS in the summer and we were pregnant by the new year

3rd IPs I met through an AAS ad we met within a week or so and it took about a month or so to sign due to testing being completed

4th IPs I met through NESS and took less than 6 mos before we were signing and getting pregnant. WOOHOO!

My 5th IPs will be my 4th IPs ;) I've known them for awhile now and will sign contracts whichever day they want me to ;)

#5 Mamapapa

Mamapapa

Our Family is Complete...

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

My IP's found me in June 2006 by replying to a post I had posted on AAS about being a surrogate in NY. We signed contracts in October 2006, mock cycle November 2006, first cycle cancelled in December 2006 (they thought she had no eggs - turns out she had 8) and then our first successful IVF transfer was in February 2007. Lyla was born 4 weeks early on September 29, 2007 less then a year after contracts were signed and cycling began.

#6 poohmom

poohmom

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

I met my first set of IP's through an ad that I placed at TASC (before I knew about AAS). We talked for over a month via email and phone, then met in person and just knew we were meant to work together! It was a perfect journey in every way!!

I met my second set of IP's through my RE. I was the first non-family member surro the clinic had ever used, and he was so happy when we had success with my first IP's, so he thought I might be able to help the new IP's. He was right, and I love him for thinking of me and helping us find each other!

#7 Nicole

Nicole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:02 PM

I met A&P through ads on SMO. We talked on the phone then I met IM in person when I had a business trip to their city (in April). They flew out in May, contracts done in June-ish, transferred in August.

#8 LovingSurro

LovingSurro

*Believe In Miracles*

• PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 09:16 PM

My first IP's I meet through my agency...signed one day had the transfer 1 month later

Second Ip's I found on AAS ad in OCt. 07, we just signed last week and I start med's Jan. 5th

#9 HeyThere

HeyThere

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:12 PM

Lets see, agency called me on the 12th, I talked to IM on the 13th, medical testing on the 18th, contracts are expected next week. So, three weeks?

#10 momtoaaj

momtoaaj

HEIDI

• PipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

First Surrogacy-Referred to agency by RE and met IPs in 3/05, signed contracts by 5/05 and transferred 7/05. Failed. Transferred 10/05. Failed. Transferred 3/06. Delivered twins 11/06.

Current Surrogacy-Posted ad on AAS in July (I think). Got 2 responses, replied to one and we met a couple of weeks later and signed contracts in 11/07 and transferred 12/07. Currently 4w preggers :)

#11 LovingSurroMommy

LovingSurroMommy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:04 AM

Answered their ad here on AAS May 2006, talked on phone shortly after, agreed to work together in July 2006, then transferred Sep 3, 2006!

#12 Lovemytwingirls

Lovemytwingirls

Has officially lost her mind

• PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

Meet face to face in Feb contracts were signed in August. But we had talked since September the year before. It was a year from the time we started talking to transfer date.

#13 CarlaGSx3

CarlaGSx3

Embarking on the final journey!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

i have had LOTS Of sets of ips (carried for 3, but had probably 4-5 others that got as far as contract and/or transfer)...i met all but one through the atty that matches me...the one set i met outside of her was through an add on SMO and we chatted for a month...but we were both working with the atty anyway at the time!! :) most times we have know each other 1-2 months before signing a contract, including phone, email, and in person visits.

#14 tinamati

tinamati

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:52 PM

you should have done these

24-48 hours

48-72 hours

72hours- 2 weeks

LOL!

#15 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,188 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:58 PM

Matched through our agency. Had our phone consult the end of April and really hit it off. Met face to face about 2 days later, but contracts were s..l..o..w..coming. I think we signed either June or possibly early July (w/out my files I just can't remember). Cycled and transferred in Sept. All this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com