Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: When should we start the nursery? - Helpful Links, Tips & Tricks - Surrogacy Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When should we start the nursery? What do you all think?

#1 User is offline   jeffandmike 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:06 AM

Someone on another post asked us what our design plans are for the new nursery. We have lots that you've probably read on that post.

So with that being said when do most people start purchasing, painting, etc. We've heard some say it's bad luck. So when do you all think we should start? We are still early almost through the first trimester and time is flying.

Any suggestions??? :-)

#2 User is offline   pregnantwishes 

• AAS Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

For my own kids, I probably started about the 2nd tri. My FIM got the nursery done in the last tri. It kept her busy in a very exciting and anxious time!

Where's your design plans? I didn't see the post?

#3 User is offline   Kathleen55 

• July will make 4!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:26 AM

LOL!! We started as soon as we saw the heartbeat!!

We had our hospital bag/luggage packed at 30 weeks!! People laughed but it sure came in handy when we got the 5 AM phone call at 34 weeks that this was it!!!

#4 User is offline   TiffanyM 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:10 AM

I'd say sometime in the 2nd trimester and of course if you are finding out baby's sex wait till the big u/s (even though sounds like you guys are getting a little princess) ;)/>

I can't wait to see the finished product when you are done with it. The rest of your house is gorgeous and I'm sure the nursery will be absolutely adorable!!!

#5 User is offline   kimjimbo 

• Kim
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:25 AM

We started planning upon the first BFP and actually shopped and decorated in the 2nd tri. We were completely ready by the the 30th week or so. BTW, it took us 4 different cans of paint to finally agree. And, she still only naps in the nursery. lol
I agree with the pp, can't wait to see pics - the rest of your house is so beautiful!

#6 User is offline   Nicole 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

I'd wait until your mid-pregnancy u/s. That way you'll know for sure B or G...

#7 User is offline   LovingSurro 

• *Believe In Miracles*
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

With both of my own kids, I started right after the detailed u/s @ 20 weeks (give or take a few weeks) I was able to find out boy or girl and then went crazy!!!! :ohyeah:/> It's the best shopping ever!!!!! You will be on a high, the entire time....at least that's how I was...I was just so happy to finally be shopping for the little one!! :hb:/> My former IM waitied til I was 36 weeks or so...but she also said that she wished she had it done before hand because she was going crazy trying to get everything done before D day!! :rolleyes:/>
Cant wait to see what you guys will do to the room!!! :bliss:/>

#8 User is offline   duster902 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

We started to buy gender neutral items as soon as we got a BFP. With big items we waited until after the level II u/s at about 20 weeks.

#9 User is offline   chocolat 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:42 AM

We had our first DD's room ready around 34 weeks, I mean, really ready with washed linen and onesies, ect. My IFs started on their girls' nursery at 22 wks. We'll be 30 wks when they have their shower so I'm sure they'll be finished shortly after that!

#10 User is offline   brandie 

• PipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

I didnt know this was here...I went looking under parenting...duh for me!

Anyway...I think third tri is a good time to start if you are quick at it but it looks like you guys have a lot of work before you can get to the nursery so I would start on that stuff now then just get to the nursery as soon as all the other is finished...

#11 User is offline   Love2givelife 

• AAS Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:09 PM

We started shopping for baby items almost right away, but we waited until the 2nd trimester to start the nursery. It really is fun to shop when you know if it is a boy or a girl. It is also fun for other people to shop for you especially if they know where you are registered and or what theme you plan to have. ;)/>

#12 User is offline   michellemomx5 

• Who are all these kids and why are they calling me mommy? ;)
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

Just don't be like my IP's and decide to wait until 37 weeks to get things ready. I delivered this last one at 37w3d! :haha:/>

Seriously! They had just moved their older daughter in to her new room, got her in a big girl bed, got all the newborn stuff out and ready and all that jazz, and 3 days later I had the baby. Talk about close!

I would say definately wait until after the 'big' u/s, and even then I would probably wait until closer towards the end of the 2nd tri / beginning of the 3rd just to be on the safe side.

#13 User is offline   Hedr 

• ~Mom x3, GSx2, EDx1~
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:38 PM

We usually are finished around 34 weeks

#14 User is offline   Maysbls 

• Former GS ~~ TS x1.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

Ha ~ nursery. With #1 and #2 I was moving either the week before or the week after each of them was born.
With #3 I think I had it all ready by the 6th week of pregnancy.
With #4 ~ I just kept trying to figure out where to put anymore... so no nursery, he just slept with us.
:lol:/> We ran out of bedrooms in our 2 bedroom house and 4 kids. Barry and I now sleep out on the Florida Room.

#15 User is offline   hayden 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

We didn't start Owen's room until Roi was 28 weeks along. We were terrified to start before the third trimester (I may be more doom and gloom than the average person because I had a second trimester pregnancy loss and throughout Roi's pregnancy I was terrified that something would surely go wrong).

Believe me, time will go by at a snail's pace in that final trimester. You will want something to preoccupy your time in that last trimester. Registering, decorating the room, and buying cute baby stuff is a great way to help that last trimester pass.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund