Photo

Would you?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you have a tubal reversal to be a TS?

1. Yes (4 votes [6.35%])

Percentage of vote: 6.35%

2. No (59 votes [93.65%])

Percentage of vote: 93.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 LovingSurroMommy

LovingSurroMommy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

So those of you that have had a tubal ligation--would you consider having a reversal in order to be a TS? I mean, I know you could still be a TS via IVF in that case, but obviously it's much cheaper to have a reversal and do home insems.

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 momnmia

momnmia

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:35 PM

I would never run into this myself, but just for fun I wanted to vote. I voted "no". My reason being that I don't feel that it would be my responsibility to do so, and what about after the pregnancy? Would you be stuck having to go through and pay for the procedure again? It just seems like too much work to me.

#3 Anja

Anja

ED x 3 and TS x 1

• Site Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

I would do TS via IVF before I would ever do a tubal reversal

#4 BUZYMOM

BUZYMOM

heartbroken retiree

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:33 AM

I voted no.....I couldn't be a TS.

#5 KAJEWELL

KAJEWELL

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

I voted no.
1) not guaranteed to work anyways
2) what do you do after the surrogacy? are you stuck with the bill to redo it, are you stuck with paying for another form of bc forever, are you stuck with an unplanned pregnancy risk due to bc not working properly?

too risky in my eyes!!

TS via IVF for me!

#6 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

Nope, I know that I would never be able to be a TS.

#7 CarlaGSx3

CarlaGSx3

Embarking on the final journey!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

the fact that i do not want to be a TS regardless...my opinion is that a reversal is major surgery - which i would hesitate to undergo for any reason (imo a c-section is dif bc you are awake and there is an obvious need in some cases, but being put under is scary)...but for the slim chance that it would be successful and result in a pregnancy for someone else...hmmm then like someone else said...what about birth control for you after that...unless of course you had decided you wanted a reversal for yourself already, and having ips pay for it for their journey first left you with your own possibilities after...but then again i am one that believes you should be done having your family before attempting surrogacy jic something happens...soooo what if you did decided you wanted a reversal to have more kids, did it during a surrogacy for the cost being covered, then something happened during the surro pregnancy and you couldn't have the much longed for addition to your own family in the end?

#8 LovingSurroMommy

LovingSurroMommy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

I guess I should have explained more......what if it was for a dear family member whom you have already donated eggs to, but has had to have a hysterectomy since then?

I've just been bouncing some scenarios around in my head, however I doubt it could ever work out really.

#9 belle

belle

5 Time GS

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

I have a tubal and would not ever consider having it reversed. I know a TS is not something I am made for so that wouldn't even cross my mind. Even for a dear friend. Just not in my make up.

#10 momofcbhs

momofcbhs

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:10 PM

Mandi~ can you do IVF with your eggs? There is such a possibility of a reversal not working.

#11 LovingSurroMommy

LovingSurroMommy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

of course, but like I said, it's something that will probably never happen anyway, just a thought. I wouldn't be able to even consider it for awhile, being that I am going to be cycling soon with my new GS IP's.

My heart just aches for my aunt, that's all. And I always wonder what her babies (my ED babies) would have looked like had she not kept miscarrying, does that make sense? I felt back then that I was meant to play a part in her becoming a mother, and when that didn't happen, I have never stopped thinking about the possibilities. Although I know that TS is something my DH would never be on board with so it will remain just a thought I guess..........

I wonder if she has ever thought about surrogacy with donor embryos..............

#12 Alicia~in~MI

Alicia~in~MI

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:52 AM

Why can't she do GS with you as her ED again?? I know you said you're going to cycle soon but maybe she can wait a year??

I know not the best suggestion but it's an option maybe?

#13 Kathleen55

Kathleen55

July will make 4!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:54 AM

I know you said it wont be for a while, if at all, but I agree, TS vis IVF would be the best way.

#14 OhioSurroMom

OhioSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

I voted no.

A reversal is not guaranteed to work and medical intervention still might be needed to help get pregnant - and those costs quickly add up.

#15 merrymama

merrymama

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

i voted no. mainly because that is a major surgery to give you a "maybe" option. plus, regaurdless of who pays it, redoing after the baby, another major surgery. just too much for me to worry about. i've known people who's done it to have more of their own, but that's different. i wouldn't do it to maybe conceive for someone else. i say ivf! good luck, your a braver soul than i could ever be for even thinking of TS, or reversal! best wishes to you all!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users