Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: what insurance has clause - Ask a Gestational Surrogate - Surrogacy Forums

About This Forum

Michelle is a SAHM to 5 of her own children and was a gestational carrier for a couple in NY, having delivered their oldest daughter in February 2005 and their new little girl in October 2007

Carla is a married, work-at-home mom to 4 kids (ages 11-15). For her first surrogate family, she carried three children, a girl who is now almost 9 and twin boys who are 7. For second 2nd surrogate family she delivered twin girls who are now 5. Her most recent surrogate family has twin girls who are 2. She is currently embarking on her final surrogate journey.

Questions asked in this forum will not show up until they are answered by Michelle or Carla. If you want answers from several SM's, please post in another section.

Guests may post in this forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

what insurance has clause

#1 User is offline   bluediamond9090 

• Pip
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

my sister will carry for us and she has blue cross blue shield but i do not know if they have a clause that says they will not cover the pregnancy. do you have any information? what is the best way to find out if they will cover or not? thanks.

#2 User is offline   michellemomx5 

• Who are all these kids and why are they calling me mommy? ;)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:46 AM

I have BC/BS of MA and we do not have any surrogacy exclusions. The best way to find out is to get a copy of your Member's handbook and have your lawyers look it over. They will be able to tell you right away whether or not there are any exclusions.
Good luck!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund