Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: GS meds before & after transfer - Ask a Gestational Surrogate - Surrogacy Forums

About This Forum

Michelle is a SAHM to 5 of her own children and was a gestational carrier for a couple in NY, having delivered their oldest daughter in February 2005 and their new little girl in October 2007

Carla is a married, work-at-home mom to 4 kids (ages 11-15). For her first surrogate family, she carried three children, a girl who is now almost 9 and twin boys who are 7. For second 2nd surrogate family she delivered twin girls who are now 5. Her most recent surrogate family has twin girls who are 2. She is currently embarking on her final surrogate journey.

Questions asked in this forum will not show up until they are answered by Michelle or Carla. If you want answers from several SM's, please post in another section.

Guests may post in this forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

GS meds before & after transfer will they make me sick?

#1 Guest_mapgirl7_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][color=#CC33CC]
If I become a GS, how likely is it that the meds I will have to take before & after transfer will make me sick to my stomach? I have taken progesterone cream & pills before & they both made me really sick to my stomach. I tend to be somewhat sensitive to medications. Do the injections hurt? What side effects might I experience?

Thank you!

#2 User is offline   michellemomx5 

• Who are all these kids and why are they calling me mommy? ;)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

The meds have a different affect on everyone as an individual. The progesterone tends to make most people feel a bit nauseous.....as if they were pregnant....within a few days of starting the therapy, whether it be in intramuscular injection form, suppository or gel form...whatever.

The injections themselves in the beginning don't hurt, but once you are several weeks in to them, the general consensus is that the lumps that the progesterone in oil causes are a bit painful and uncomfortable.

If you have sensitivities to medications I'd do a lot of research before jumping in. If you do become pregnant as a GS, you need to keep in mind that you will most likely be on some form of added estrogen and progesterone for 10-12 weeks in to the pregnancy.

Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund