Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Alone after the birth - Postpartum Issues - Surrogacy Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alone after the birth A few questions

#16 User is offline   Blessed2X 

• busy busy bee
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:20 PM

I think what often happens after the birth is the IPs focus shifts, from being focused on you to being focused and busy with a new baby, and if you're not expecting it, that can leave you as the surro feeling very left out.

Like someone else mentioned, its not a matter of missing the baby (usually), it the sadness over the end of one journey and the fact that you will have a limited part (or sometimes no part) in the next journey(the new family's life)

Its great for you to be thinking so far ahead, this way you can try to be prepared when the time comes

#17 User is offline   UltrasoundMe 

• Ultrasound tech gone GS...
  • PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

My IPs and I were really close and that was my biggest help. I took lots of pictures and they took lots. Our hospital had WiFi in the rooms and I made an album of the surrogacy journey. Belly pics, baby pics, even pics of the preg tests! I didnt have many visitors ( like 3 adults and my DH and kids) but all that was the first day. Nothing on the second. So I kept busy with the album and photo editing. Not to mention posting the birth announcement on here.. while on pain meds lol. I was so exhausted I was happy to have someone take over the baby part of it all. I got to hold him and feed him a bottle just before they left the hospital. I never got sad. Still havent. I keep getting emails with pics and updates and questions. It makes me feel like I have to help her now. So keeping busy was my easy fix . Seems to have worked this week..

#18 User is offline   LovingSurroMommy 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:26 PM

I flew to my IP's state alone to give birth. So, my IP's and their family were my support system for the labor and delivery. I have to say that things worked out great. My IP's had the room next to mine and would bring the baby over to visit me frequently, and I would also hang out in their room too. We had a great, open relationship and if I was feeling lonely at any time, I would text IM to drop a hint that I wanted some company and she would come right over. I did not feel lonely at all at night time, it felt so good to know that my IP's were in the next room, doting over their new son and that I had a hand in it all. We were all discharged together and I went back to their home to stay a few days before flying home, that was great because I got to see them in action as new parents.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund