7 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaInOmaha

MelissaInOmaha

Moving along..

• Site Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

My milk came in sometime between last night and this morning, and I'm completely engorged. :cry: Any tips on helping to dry up fast? I thought about pumping and donating, but I don't think it's something I can handle at this point. Do cabbage leaves really work? I'm wearing a sports bra, but it seems to keep stretching along with them. I'm taking percocet and xanax, so I don't want to take anything that would interfere wtih either of these. TIA. :hb:

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 coco626

coco626

3 beautiful babies born to 2 beautiful families

• PipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hi Melissa. Cabbage leaves actually did work for me (although very stinky). Also, you need something besides a sports bra. Did the hospital give you the "ace bandage" thing (I forget what they call it)?? That helps alot too. Again, so sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself. :hb:

#3 Hedr

Hedr

~Mom x3, GSx2, EDx1~

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,583 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 01:40 AM

I bought a sports bra a size smaller than I normally wear then wrap an ace bandage around myself. I also stuck the cabbage leaves in every 30 min and that seemed to help :hugs:

#4 poohmom

poohmom

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:25 AM

Hi Melissa! The last time I weaned and tried drying up I used cabbage leaves and Vicks vapor rub, and put is all over my chest and breasts (but not on the nipple itself) twice a day, but most importantly at night when milk production is highest. You can also apply frozen peas or something cold to relieve pain, as well as taking ibuprofen. Drink lots of water, and don't stimulate the breasts at all, and it should be better in a few days!

Sending lots of love and gentle hugs to you!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers!! :hug:

#5 Karen1229

Karen1229

Senior AAS Addict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hey Melissa! :hugs:

I've been wearing my normal bra with pads in it and a regular ace bandage wrapped snugly around my chest. Two to three days seemed to give my breasts the message.

I did the cabbage leaves for my last surrogacy, twice a day...I couldn't stand to walk around on a constant basis with them in my bra lol as it dripped and smelled once they defrosted.

#6 MamaNan

MamaNan

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:43 PM

Cabbage leaves! they really work fast

#7 jennkelly72

jennkelly72

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:21 PM

ditto on all that has been said already...the cabbage leaves really do help although they are rank stinky !!

binding your breasts (so long as you don't have any ducts clogged) helps too, both with pain and encouraging the production to stop.

i hope you're feeling relief soon...

#8 shakenbake

shakenbake

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

For me, the only thing that helped was pumping and dumping. Binding them, cabbage leave, prescription strength Moltrin, ice packs, nothing helped...they were swollen up to my NECK! It was horrible.
I ended up having to pump about 1-2 oz, just enough to stop the pain and as needed to relieve pain, and by about the 3rd day, my breasts got the message and began to dry up....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users