Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Budha belly - Postpartum Issues - Surrogacy Forums

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Budha belly And c/s?

#1 User is offline   Alicia~in~MI 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Sr. Member

Post icon  Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

I'm a week PP and my belly is still very round and hard, think 4 months pregnant. It's not squishy or fatty feeling, it's very hard. Is this normal? I've lost nearly 20lbs of my 37 and I really only gained in my belly and a little in my butt and thighs, yet my belly is still very pronounced.

Does it take longer to go down with a c/s? Is it swollen inside from the surgery and that's why it's so hard still? I know it takes 6 weeks for the uterus to shrink back to normal but this seems odd to me.

#2 User is offline   Mommy02 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I had a c/s with my daughter and it took a while for my belly to go away. I still looked pregnant 2 weeks after she was born

#3 User is offline   tm501 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

Alicia give yourself some time! You just gave birth to 2 beautiful babies. Your belly needs a little time to shrink back.

#4 User is offline   Barbgsx1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

I am 4 weeks post c/s and my abdomin is still swollen...I am down to my pre cycle weight but can't get my belly in my Levi's!!! I think with the c/s you will find that your bleeding is different and much better than with a vaginal.

Are you feeling good otherwise???

Barb :)/>

#5 User is offline   rrmom 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Some days, I'm glad for the post-c section amnesia...LOL! but today, I wish I could remember how that first month or so was after the surgery. I do remember being disappointed that my belly wouldn't allow those jeans to zip for awhile, but I don't remember the hard feeling that you describe. Are you in any pain?

Mandy

#6 User is offline   Karen1229 

• Senior AAS Addict
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

This last c/s, my belly stayed it's biggest the longest of all of my other deliveries, but I chalked it up to this being my first twin pregnancy. Also, at my 6w pp checkup, my uterus was still that of an 8wk pg woman, to which my OB said was totally normal..."you just had twins at 38w, hun, it will take extra time to go down" she told me. I'd be willing to bet that your uterus is still fairly large. As long as you don't feel any signs of infection, I'm sure all is ok.

#7 User is offline   Alicia~in~MI 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:04 AM

View PostBarbgsx1, on Jul 23 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

I am 4 weeks post c/s and my abdomin is still swollen...I am down to my pre cycle weight but can't get my belly in my Levi's!!! I think with the c/s you will find that your bleeding is different and much better than with a vaginal.

Are you feeling good otherwise???

Barb :)/>

The bleeding is much better this time as you said :)/> I'm feeling very sore still when I'm active, I end up limping on my right side when I walk too much. If I feel the cut it's very hard on the right side on the inside...which I would imagine would explain the stabbing pain and soreness just in that side. I'm going to ask at my 2 week check next week about that.

#8 User is offline   jennkelly72 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:04 PM

i found that my "shrink time" after my section was the longest, too...and my PP bleeding didn't stop till 10 weeks...

i was squishy though, not round & hard...

BTW, i limped for a while too...favoring my left side, which was the most painful for me...i think it's fairly common after abdo surgery.

sending you lots of recovery vibes....take care !!

#9 User is offline   texasmommy 

• miranda
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

my OB said that it's due to your uterus not doing the post-birth contracted as heavily as it would with a vaginal delivery. but yes, completely normal and it does go away! keep taking care of yourself!

#10 User is offline   4ofmyown 

• VBAC Goddess
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

even with twins your uterus should go back to normal size in just days. Your abdominal muscles will be stretched to heck though and those will take some time to get back to normal.

If by chance it is your uterus, this is serious and you need to be seen soon.

After 7 pregnancies, my stomach is all stretched out and the even though it is squishy(from a layer of fat), the muscles underneath are firm just stretched out.

Also, after surgery, most people have a LOT of extra fluids and will be swollen and bloated for a few weeks afterwards. (blah!)

The hardness you are feeling in and around your scar sounds normal though. Just healing and stuff. Watch for redness, hot to the touch, unexplained swelling, stuff like that.....that would indicate an infection.

#11 User is offline   Charbearx3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

My last c/s was horrible. I was swollen for weeks. It was the longest I had ever worn my maternity clothes after a pregnancy. Hang in there. I hope the swelling goes down soon. And remember, you still need to take it easy. you did have surgery. So try not to over do it!

#12 User is offline   Alicia~in~MI 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Thank you all for the encouragement and advice. I've been very emotional since the birth and my self esteem from my belly issue was a big part of that, reading what you all wrote helped me :)/>

I'm happy to share though that today, after 4 nights of sweating my @ss off/water weight I woke up looking non-pregnant FINALLY! I have 15 more lbs to lose to get to pre-preggo weight but being I'm just 12 days PP I have a few more weeks to lose that too!

I'm happy to not have that round hard belly anymore! :bliss:/>

#13 User is offline   Momma2Twins 

• GSx3- coming this Spring!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

You look great!

I didn't have the swollen belly after my girls, or any other pregnancy, but I did have the "pain" on my left side from the section (they told me it was the part they "rip" a bit), it was never really painful, but it felt like it was rubbed raw.

#14 User is offline   hannahbutterfly1997 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:24 PM

WOW GIRLY!!! YOu look fab for just havng twins 2 weeks ago. I looked like that at 2 weeks PP also. Gotta love the twin diet. LOL. Keep up the good work and just know that you made two very special people parents with those cuties. Congrats again

#15 User is offline   blessedmomof4 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

YOU LOOK WONDERFUL, Alicia!!!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund