Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: New Surro - Ask a Gestational Surrogate - Surrogacy Forums

About This Forum

Michelle is a SAHM to 5 of her own children and was a gestational carrier for a couple in NY, having delivered their oldest daughter in February 2005 and their new little girl in October 2007

Carla is a married, work-at-home mom to 4 kids (ages 11-15). For her first surrogate family, she carried three children, a girl who is now almost 9 and twin boys who are 7. For second 2nd surrogate family she delivered twin girls who are now 5. Her most recent surrogate family has twin girls who are 2. She is currently embarking on her final surrogate journey.

Questions asked in this forum will not show up until they are answered by Michelle or Carla. If you want answers from several SM's, please post in another section.

Guests may post in this forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Surro Meds

#1 User is offline   annemarie 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 08 March 2011 - 01:39 PM

Hello, I am new to the process of surrogcy. I have been working with the IP's since August. Started taking all of the meds in February and the implantation will be March 18th. I am currently taking Flagyl and was wondering if you could tell me why? I have done research on the drug and cannot find anything on why I would be taking this. It seems like a hardcore antibiotic for stuff that I DO NOT have. Also, how long after implantation can I fly?

Thanks~~

#2 User is offline   michellemomx5 

• Who are all these kids and why are they calling me mommy? ;)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

View Postannemarie, on 08 March 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

Hello, I am new to the process of surrogcy. I have been working with the IP's since August. Started taking all of the meds in February and the implantation will be March 18th. I am currently taking Flagyl and was wondering if you could tell me why? I have done research on the drug and cannot find anything on why I would be taking this. It seems like a hardcore antibiotic for stuff that I DO NOT have. Also, how long after implantation can I fly?

Thanks~~

Sorry I am so late in replying and I hope your transfer went well! I am not familiar with that drug so unfortunately can't answer that for you, but I was allowed to fly home the same day as my transfer if I wanted to ( I ended up waiting a day), but every RE is different so I'm sure if you followed your doctor's directions you'll be just fine! Good luck!

#3 User is offline   purplepanda 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

I have no experience at all with surrogacy, but I am a nurse, and I know flagyl is usually given before any surgical procedure. I know implantation is relatively minor, but is it possible they have you on this to prevent any possible infection with implantation? That's my only thought.

#4 User is offline   ready4this 

• PipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Member

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

I have a question about beta levels
This is my 1st GS journey and everything is new to me (though I have 4 kiddos)
I never even heard of a beta test till last week :duh:/>

So.... here is my ????
I had 2 6dayblast trfr on 10/21
If everything is going the way it should then what should I expect for my beta levels on Monday 10/31 when they do the preg test?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund