Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Gestaional Vs. Traditional - Ask a Gestational Surrogate - Surrogacy Forums

About This Forum

Michelle is a SAHM to 5 of her own children and was a gestational carrier for a couple in NY, having delivered their oldest daughter in February 2005 and their new little girl in October 2007

Carla is a married, work-at-home mom to 4 kids (ages 11-15). For her first surrogate family, she carried three children, a girl who is now almost 9 and twin boys who are 7. For second 2nd surrogate family she delivered twin girls who are now 5. Her most recent surrogate family has twin girls who are 2. She is currently embarking on her final surrogate journey.

Questions asked in this forum will not show up until they are answered by Michelle or Carla. If you want answers from several SM's, please post in another section.

Guests may post in this forum.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gestaional Vs. Traditional

#1 User is offline   bff62810 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:08 AM

What makes surrogate mothers choose gestational over traditional?

#2 User is offline   @Sunrise 

• GC x 2: Retired!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

It comes down to a personal choice and what the person can emotionally handle. Do you want to be half related to the child or no relation at all.

#3 User is offline   tm501 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

For me it was 2 things

1. I was too old when I decided to do this
2. There was no way I could give away a child I was biologicaly related to. Your head has to be in the right place to do it and I knew I couldn't. It takes a super special person to be able to do it.

#4 User is offline   GSinIN 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

My tubes are tied so for me the decision was already made.

#5 User is offline   surromama 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:49 PM

There are many things to consider, but it all comes down to a personal reason of why we end up going the route we do.
For me, being half related never runs through my head. I am done having kids of my own, therefor I am done with my eggs. They are just going to waste in my opinon. So, why not save myself, body and the family, a ton of hassle and money.?
Its much cheaper, and easier to do TS. Its drug free! Needle free! And has a higher chance of success.
SO that plus many other factors make it black and white to me. I am a TS.
I love my decision and would never have done it different. I love looking at my surro children and seeing bits of me in them, or my kids. It makes me feel like I really did give a piece of me to help someone else be as happy as I am being a parent.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund