Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: MTV True Life: I'm a surrogate - Pregnancy: Trimester III - Surrogacy Forums

Please help keep our Due Date List up to date:
request your information to be added or changed.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

MTV True Life: I'm a surrogate Casting Call for MTV Documentary

#1 User is offline   surrogacymtv 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

Hello, My name is Jaro and I am working on a documentary for MTV called “True Life: I’m a Surrogate.” I joined this group so that I might be able to get in touch with people who are going through the surrogacy process and would be interested in sharing their story.

I posted a casting call below. Please get in touch with us if you would like to chat about being involved in the program. We would love to hear from you!

Thanks!
Jaro

TRUE LIFE: I'M A SURROGATE
Are you pregnant...with someone else's baby? Do you enjoy being pregnant? Are you willing to give the gift of life to a couple in need by carrying their child for nine months? Have you been a surrogate before - for strangers, friends, or family members? Or is this your first time carrying someone else's baby? Does your family or significant other disagree with your decision because of the risks any pregnancy can bring? 

If you appear to be between the ages of 18 and 28 and are a surrogate, MTV wants to hear your story. Specifically, we are looking for a surrogate who is in their third trimester. Email us at surrogacymtv@yahoo.com. Please be sure to include your name, location, telephone number, and a recent photo. 

#2 User is offline   TexasGS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Darn... too old by just a few months... oh and not in my 3rd trimester either lol.

#3 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

This has already been posted on this site (and posting 3 times is rather overkill I must say) and it's been a hot button topic. GL finding the drama that MTV is looking for, but I'm relatively sure you won't find what you want on this site. GL to you though.

Oh yea, and the original older post was almost the exact same, word for word I believe.

#4 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Well crap, how did I miss that it was YOU that posted this already??? Man I must be getting old. Well, I guess once you don't appear to be 28 any more....

#5 User is offline   TexasGS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

Yeah my first thought was "Oh boy... MTV doing surrogacy. That can't be good!" The network is all about the ridiculous and the dramatic. Pretty sure anyone who ends up on the show will be poorly portrayed

#6 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

here's the link to their original thread if you want to read our original responses....
http://www.allabouts...=1&#entry574356

#7 User is offline   tm501 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:29 PM

Wow too old by 15 years. Guess I have nothing to add....... And an 18 on there doing this? Thats as bad as glorifying teen moms

#8 User is offline   BUZYMOM 

• heartbroken retiree
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

View Posttraci72, on 28 June 2011 - 05:52 PM, said:

here's the link to their original thread if you want to read our original responses....
http://www.allabouts...=1&#entry574356

Dear Jaro,

I am hoping that because you are posting again 6 months later you didn't find anyone interesting, dramatic or young enough for your show.

Perhaps you should stick around the boards a little bit and see how ridiculous the idea of an 18 year old surrogate is.

And how insulting it is not to want a surrogate over 28.

Signed the 46 year old awesome surrogate.

#9 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:32 PM

WHOOOO HOOOOO DENISE!!!! And yes, you are awesome!

#10 User is offline   Gracie 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:27 PM

I would NOT even watch your show if you had a 18yr old Surrogate on MTV! REALLY are you Nuts what RE or agency would even work with an 18yr old????what would she of been 16 and pregnant oh thats right you have that show already.Gosh when I was 17 and pregnant I didn't get my on TV show.
I'm way over the hill any ways now at 42:(.

#11 User is offline   kwall 

• Baby boy arrived 10.19.11
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

I remember this post from a while back...guess you're right Traci, they weren't able to find anyone dramatic enough....wait! Where's moma:1? I'm sure she would do it!

#12 User is offline   latingoddyss 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

View PostTexasGS, on 28 June 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

Darn... too old by just a few months... oh and not in my 3rd trimester either lol.

Any of their "True Life" shows only take people under 28 and who in their right right mind accepts a surrogate at 18? I guess they feel the age range is more of their demographic. I think its their loss.

This post has been edited by latingoddyss: 30 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

#13 User is offline   TexasGS 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

I actually spoke to Jaro on the phone yesterday for a couple of minutes.

In most cases they put the 18-28 range to discourage younger people from applying. It's really a standard age range for any casting call with MTV. Being that they are with a television show, not an RE's office, it's not for them to say that 18 is too young - they are just looking for a woman to participate. They are not specifically looking for an 18 year old.

They had two people that they have been working with for about 8 months, but there was an issue with one of them. He didn't go into details but it sounded like they may have lost the baby. He is looking for someone to fill that person's place. Ideally, they would be in their third trimester and be willing to share the birth and the "giving away" of the baby (my words not his)

He would have been happy to have talked to me more about my journey but since I'm not even pregnant yet he was going to keep my info just in case they don't find anyone else willing sooner.

IMHO - I generally do not like MTV shows. I think they exploit people and thrive on drama. However, if you have watched True Life it's more of a documentary about things that are dramatic or even controversial on their own and the people it affects.

I am not trying to encourage anyone to do something they or their IP's aren't comfortable with, but there is no harm in at least talking to them if you are even a little interested - no matter how old you are.

Just my $.02

#14 User is offline   sillyme85 

• Pip

Posted 04 December 2011 - 06:08 AM

i completely agree! :)/> im one of the "filmees" for this show and im 26 NOT 18!!! also jaro and leigh (the crew lol) became like family during
filming and i enjoyed the experience very much! if your interested for sure give them a shout. :)/>

#15 User is offline   Z~Z 

• PipPip

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

While I fit the age range (I'm 26 also)... I'm just not sure I could be on TV :/ I'll def. watch the episode though! I hope you show surrogacy as the wonderful thing it is!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund