• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jampurcell

Jampurcell

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hi Everyone!

I just got cleared for insurance and now were on to the contract phase!! I cant wait! It feels like its taking foreve but I know itll be worth it in the end!

Question..... How did your contracts look and what should I make sure I have for myself and my family? Im going to be the GS Surrogate. I looked at the examples that the forum shows but am wondering what if anything else should be covered?

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 tm501

tm501

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

No cap on your wages period!!!!!!

If you have small kids, reimbursement for child care and housekeeping if on bedrest

do a search on here becasue there are so many more other things but I just woke up. The no cap on wages is the huge one to me. Are you with an agency? If so maybe you can find someone on here that is also with them and see what their stadard contract is like?

#3 Mavis

Mavis

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

if it's twins start twin pay earlier. Don't wait until late in the game. From what I have read the first few months really stink. I lost a twin very early on so I cannot attest to this but I think I would change that next time around just in case. And definitely NO CAPS on wages. Bedrest could be months.

#4 jessilynn183

jessilynn183

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

I have childcare and housekeeping for if I'm on bed rest and also if I have a c-section (do not have a capper!!!). Also no capper on lost wages (again if you're on bed rest you do not want a cap). I also have a loss of reproductive organ fee (it's really hard to put a price tag on your organs but it's definitely something that you want to have in there!)

If I think of anything else I'll let you know! Good luck! I really hope your contract phase goes more smoothely then mine because at this point we're on week 3 and I have to admit to getting mildly frustrated with my IP's lawyer.

#5 Angela

Angela

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

Make sure you have a lost wage fee for your partner for screening, transfers, etc. My husband will also get reimbursed for a week's pay after I give birth so that he can take time off and keep me from being bored in the hospital :)

#6 Jampurcell

Jampurcell

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:53 PM

Thanks Ladies!!

All of those things got covered and was very happy with how our contract looks! Moving forward with meds in a couple weeks! Super excited!

#7 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Congrats on finishing contracts and moving on! So exciting! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users