bellybuds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JAG

JAG

• PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

we have decided that when our GS reaches the point in pregnancy where the baby can hear we would like to record ourselves reading some favorite childhood books. we're hoping the baby will get used to our voices and that may be a comfort after birth. i was doing a bit of online research and came across "bellybuds". here's what the website says: Our custom bellyphoneŽ speakers gently adhere to the belly and play directly into the womb, so your developing baby can hear prenatal music, voices, soothing sounds, or whatever you like.

i'm thinking we will get an ipod shuffle to pair with the bellybuds so it'll be a total of about $100. well worth it for our baby to get used to our voices. just thought i'd share for anyone who hasn't heard of these and may be interested. here is the site:

http://www.bellybuds.com/

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 ellemagnoliasmommy

ellemagnoliasmommy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Another thing I did was purchased record-able storybooks from hallmark and I gave them to them at the time voice recognition starts. They recorded them and I would "read" them to the boys a couple times of week.

#3 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

A few surros have mentioned those on here before. I think that sounds like a wonderful idea!

#4 JesseX2

JesseX2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I just bought them as a gift for my IF's--I'm still waiting for their voice files (which apparently they can just e-mail to me), but in the meantime have been having the baby jam out to my IF's favorite music :)

#5 toots

toots

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

We used a belly band with an ipod. We had a lot of fun recording things, including music that we listen to he would get used to it. We had grandparents and my little niece do it also, so it was really fun!

#6 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I used belly buds during my pregnancy with my surrotwins. My IFs recorded themselves talking to the boys about home, their family, etc and also recorded Italian lullabies. It was amazing as their surro to feel their sons responding to their Daddies voices.
They recognized their Daddies instantly at birth and it was so amazing! :wub:

**Editing to add that if your surro already has an MP3 player, you could most likely just use your computers recording program and email her the files to load onto her MP3 player. That's what we did :)

Edited by BabyOven, 17 April 2012 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com