• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mrsclm12

Mrsclm12

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hello,

My husband and I are at the beginning of our surrogacy journey and I am very thankful to have found this resource!

A little background on us; we have been pursuing infertility treatments for a year with no pregnancies beyond c/p and have made the decision not to through any additional treatments at this time. A very good friend of ours has offered to be a TS for us and we couldn't be happier to have this option. We will be using donor sperm due to MH's infertility and using our surrogate's eggs due to mine. I understand that this is more of an adoption situation than true surrogacy because neither MH or I will be genetically related to our child. Our surrogate lives in OK and we're in NY. We're trying to figure out the legalities involved and would appreciate any advice from those who have been in similar situations. I have emailed several lawyers on OK but would also appreciate advice on a good attorney to use there if anyone has a suggestion (or conversely, who not to work with).

Again, I am very thankful to have foud this community and I look forward to learning more as we go through this process.

N

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 Amaraine

Amaraine

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Welcome to AAS!

I don't have any advice regarding a good attorney in Oklahoma, but I just wanted to wish you the very best of luck in your journey.

#3 ellemagnoliasmommy

ellemagnoliasmommy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

No advice on either but Welcome!

#4 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

All the "legal stuff" will absolutely have to be handled in the state she delivers in, and you are correct in that this is what is referred to as a "planned adoption". The laws are going to be different from surrogacy, so if she will be delivering in OK, I would look into finding a family law attorney that deals in adoption, to find out just exactly what steps ya'll need to follow. It may even vary by county, so maybe try googling "adoption law in 'X' county" in OK to get some names.

Welcome to AAS!!

#5 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

Sorry I can't help with the referrals in OK, but welcome to AAS! That is so wonderful that your friend has not only offered to carry your baby, but also to use her eggs! What a blessing. Good luck on your search for a good attorney in OK!

#6 Shauna

Shauna

~Mom to a Princess~

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,457 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Welcome! Hope your able to find the info you need, lots of great ladies on the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com