• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 thestranger

thestranger

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the AAS. I am an intended parent and about to enter an agreement for TS. I found my surrogate through an agency who, at the time of my signup, said they would manage the escrow account. My understanding at the time was they would connect me to a third-party bonded escrow agency. As we approach the final phase of contract and the escrow account is needed, I found out the surro agency is the escrow agency. I do have trust in them and don't think they will run away with all the money. But there's a nagging voice that tells me not to go ahead with it. Does anyone have experience or suggestion about this? Is it copacetic for the surro agency to do this? And if it is, what kind of proof should I ask from them for my own assurance and protection? The surro agency is a small local operation and they have never had any problem or bad reputation since they began several years ago.

Thank you so much for your input.

#2 Gracie

Gracie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

I was told the agency could not hold escrow they had to have a 3rd party. Look in to escrow agents and talk to them. Larry Blosser is a good surrogacy Escrow agent and I have his contact number if you need it.

#3 Mavis

Mavis

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I believe the agency I am with manages their own escrow accounts for the IPs (i am a surrogate so I am not entirely positive). Though I think if it were me I would choose to go with a 3rd party if possible. I don't like when companies have their hands in too many pots.

#4 thestranger

thestranger

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thanks so much. It would be great if you could give me the contact for Mr. Blosser.

I was told the agency could not hold escrow they had to have a 3rd party. Look in to escrow agents and talk to them. Larry Blosser is a good surrogacy Escrow agent and I have his contact number if you need it.

#5 tm501

tm501

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

I am with Reproductive Possibilities and they have their own escrow account. I'm going on my 4th journey with them and there has been no problems at all. Its called Surrogate Fund Management. Here is the link if you want to check it out. I have no clue if there are fees or whatever, but you may want to check more than just 1 place.

http://www.surrogate...management.com/

#6 Gracie

Gracie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks so much. It would be great if you could give me the contact for Mr. Blosser.

Larry A. Blosser
Law Office of Larry A. Blosser, P.A.
5457 Twin Knolls Road Suite 101
Columbia, MD 21045
Mailing address:
Post Office Box 2819
Columbia, MD 21045
Phone: 443-420-4096
Fax: 443-583-0222

#7 DragonDad

DragonDad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

I'm an IP and our surrogacy agency holds our funds in a trust account that is managed by a trust coordinator that is part of the agency.

There have been no issues with the management of the funding with respect to our surrogacy.

#8 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,185 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

My agency uses a 3rd party escrow agency to handle all funds except my reimbursements. While I trust my agency completely, I would be uncomfortable w/them handling the escrow. FTR, they DID handle all payments my 1st journey, but moved to a seperate escrow company to protect everyone.

#9 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

My agency also uses a third party escrow company to hold the funds. My agency authorizes my payments each month, and my IPs get statements- but the checks come from the escrow co. I guess since my agency is who authorizes each payment anyway, I wouldn't really see a problem with them handling the finances, but they'd need to be bonded or something I would think...? Sorry I'm not much help! I'd definitely ask about using a third party if it makes you more comfortable!

#10 thestranger

thestranger

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for all the input, everyone. I really appreciate it. I've decided to allow the agency to handle the escrow. I've requested them to furnish a separate escrow agreement in addition to the general service agreement I signed with them earlier. Wish me luck!

#11 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Sounds like a good idea. Good luck! Let us know how everything goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users