Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Traditional Surrogate & Natural Conception!? - Traditional Surrogacy - Surrogacy Forums

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Traditional Surrogate & Natural Conception!? Can you be a natrual surro and conceive naturally?

#46 User is offline   BabyOven 

• Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostAngelique, on 28 April 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

View PostBabyOven, on 28 April 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'm shocked that no one else seemed to catch on to that sentence. If you are already having sex then by all means, keep doing the horizontal mambo, don't use protection, get knocked up and give YOUR baby up for adoption to this man. Sign away your parental rights. Do whatever you please. But DON'T think that it makes you a surrogate in any way, shape or form because that is highly offensive to those of us who actually ARE surrogates for the right reasons and go about it in the right ways.

I am sorry if you are offended, but I don't think that makes it necessary for you to be offensive to me.

Firstly it is not (easilly anyway) possible to 'sign away your parental rights' as amother, and strangely an unwed birth father has little to no rights in our legal system. My parental responsibility would remain for the duration of the legal childhood. Which is something I need to be careful and mindful of, since I already single-handedly support 2 chidren.

Can I assume you are all commercial surrogates? And therefore do this professionally?

So taking the word surrogacy off the table for a minute how would you envision that a single man who does not want or need to be married, but does want a biological child would achieve that?

May I please ask how in the world I was offensive to you? Because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear?
If you know that it isn't legal to sign away rights to the baby so that this man could parent on his own, why are you even considering it? You say you don't want anymore children but you acknowledge that you would be a responsible party. I just don't understand.
And no, I'm not a commercial surrogate. I'm a woman who put my life on hold to carry twins for another couple. I'm a woman who protected those twins until past 38 weeks and went through over 24 hours of labor to bring them into this world. All for someone else. I'm a woman who is part of a wonderful group of women who have done the same thing once, twice or multiple times.

The bottom line is this - You asked us if it is possible to move forward with what you are proposing and to call it a traditional surrogacy arrangement. The answer is no. Stop arguing, stop explaining yourself, there's no point. If you feel strongly about what you are doing, by all means, do what you need to do and continue on this path.
We have all answered your question. It's not a surrogacy. End of discussion. Your questions would probably be better suited for a different website/forum. I wish you the best.

#47 User is offline   TiffanyM 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

View PostBabyOven, on 30 April 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

View PostAngelique, on 28 April 2012 - 02:12 AM, said:

View PostBabyOven, on 28 April 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'm shocked that no one else seemed to catch on to that sentence. If you are already having sex then by all means, keep doing the horizontal mambo, don't use protection, get knocked up and give YOUR baby up for adoption to this man. Sign away your parental rights. Do whatever you please. But DON'T think that it makes you a surrogate in any way, shape or form because that is highly offensive to those of us who actually ARE surrogates for the right reasons and go about it in the right ways.

I am sorry if you are offended, but I don't think that makes it necessary for you to be offensive to me.

Firstly it is not (easilly anyway) possible to 'sign away your parental rights' as amother, and strangely an unwed birth father has little to no rights in our legal system. My parental responsibility would remain for the duration of the legal childhood. Which is something I need to be careful and mindful of, since I already single-handedly support 2 chidren.

Can I assume you are all commercial surrogates? And therefore do this professionally?

So taking the word surrogacy off the table for a minute how would you envision that a single man who does not want or need to be married, but does want a biological child would achieve that?

May I please ask how in the world I was offensive to you? Because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear?
If you know that it isn't legal to sign away rights to the baby so that this man could parent on his own, why are you even considering it? You say you don't want anymore children but you acknowledge that you would be a responsible party. I just don't understand.
And no, I'm not a commercial surrogate. I'm a woman who put my life on hold to carry twins for another couple. I'm a woman who protected those twins until past 38 weeks and went through over 24 hours of labor to bring them into this world. All for someone else. I'm a woman who is part of a wonderful group of women who have done the same thing once, twice or multiple times.

The bottom line is this - You asked us if it is possible to move forward with what you are proposing and to call it a traditional surrogacy arrangement. The answer is no. Stop arguing, stop explaining yourself, there's no point. If you feel strongly about what you are doing, by all means, do what you need to do and continue on this path.
We have all answered your question. It's not a surrogacy. End of discussion. Your questions would probably be better suited for a different website/forum. I wish you the best.

:clap:/>

#48 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Admin

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

SMO
That is another surrogate support site.

#49 User is offline   Angelique 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

I drafted a bit of a bitchy response in my head while I was running a Half-Marathon earlier... but the hormone surge it gave me allowed me to get a new personal best time by 2.5 minutes... so I am not going to be bitchy.

Thanks girls! :)/> :)/>

And since you have made it more than clear that you don't want to hear any more I'll bow out.

Good luck with your respective journeys!

#50 User is offline   LittleFella 

• PipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostAngelique, on 01 May 2012 - 09:12 AM, said:

I drafted a bit of a bitchy response in my head while I was running a Half-Marathon earlier... but the hormone surge it gave me allowed me to get a new personal best time by 2.5 minutes... so I am not going to be bitchy.

And since you have made it more than clear that you don't want to hear any more I'll bow out.

Congrats on your half marathon, happy birthday and I'm sorry we were so hostile - really. I also am btw technically a commercial surrogate. I have no problem being paid for something I enjoy so much - helping people have kids and being pregnant and I will get so much more out of this than the money - certainly goodwill is a necessary part to a good surrogacy! I voiced my concerns and still have concerns with your proposed arrangement but I never meant to attack you personally so I'm sorry if I have offended you.

#51 User is offline   BabyOven 

• Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostAngelique, on 01 May 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

For someone who doesn't want people to attack her and wants others to be polite, you sure have forgotten the golden rule. Hope you get the help you're looking for elsewhere.

#52 User is offline   ellemagnoliasmommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Really ladies lets just stop responding and let this thread die... :theeye:/> She is clearly not going to stop trying to justify her really really ****ed up idea of what surrogacy is. But who am I to say anything, this is just coming from a commercial surrogate. :rolleyes:/>

#53 User is offline   katiebuggrace 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

I agree BUT really am going to miss this thread.... This is where I got my daily laugh, seeing what nonsense she came up with for the day

#54 User is offline   Brandiland 

• Expanding My Own Family : Continuing Surrogacy in the Future
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postkatiebuggrace, on 02 May 2012 - 08:50 AM, said:

I agree BUT really am going to miss this thread.... This is where I got my daily laugh, seeing what nonsense she came up with for the day

Haha! Me too!

#55 User is offline   Angelique 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Just wanted to update you that I am now 18 weeks pregnant, with surro-babe and all going very well.

We went had a semi-assisted conception, and it is a TS (since there is no other mother and using a 3rd party donor seemed unnecessary).

We have 2x comprehensive contracts in place covering pregnancy/birth and then parenting. All was handled via 2x lawyers (a surrogacy expert and family law expert) and a mediator and a psychologist.

The pregnancy & birth are 'mine', and the baby is and will always be his.

#56 User is offline   pdxmom 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

It sounds to me like your decision is already made and I'm not sure what you are even looking for with your post. The whole situation sounds like a giant mess in the making. You already have an intimate, although not yet sexual, relationship with him, you are looking to have a sexual relationship, even if only to conceive, and you've already stated that you have no support system to help you thru a pregnancy. There are way too many blurred lines in this deal.

#57 User is offline   pdxmom 

• PipPip

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

Shoot, didn't realize I wasn't at the end of the thread.
Good luck to you. Hope it works out as planned.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund