31 week update.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bityrock

bityrock

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

Ok today had my OB appointment and saw the midwife. of course that confused me as I was told at the start that I would not see her as with twins she does not deal with anything other then singleton pregnancies. But what ever she reports to the OB and so that's what matters. I measured at 38 weeks, gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks, and heart rates were great. I go for another ultrasound in 2 more weeks. Mind you I will be 32 weeks on sunday and have yet to have the non stress testing done yet or have them "check me". I told her that the last few days I have had a lot of braxton hicks, and that they are happening when I am sitting and watching TV, or while I'm driving and the like. I'm staying hydrated and everything, I even start drinking water while they are happening to try and help them go away. She just told me to rest when they happen and to drink plenty of fluids, if I have reall contractions that are 5 mins apart to call the office(yeah tons of help this one is...ugg). I'm going to call the OB on Monday to talk with him about it all, and to see about getting a birth plan in place as we are getting closer and I'm not trying to just wing it.

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 cori67

cori67

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

My OB recommended I buy magnesium tablets and take those for the BH contractions. I am pregnant with #11 and my BH contractions were unbearable this pregnancy. He explained they use mag in the hospitals to stop pre-term labour and that the over the counter stuff you can buy at the grocery store will help relax the uterus enough to help with BH contractions. He was right. I have been using them for about 6 weeks now and I am far more comfortable than I was.

#3 LittleFella

LittleFella

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Congrats. Sounds like everything is going well. I hope the braxton hicks stay mild!

#4 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

BH are very normal from beginning of pg on. Some feel them more than other's and they are more predominant in twin pg's in general. I'm having them often as well, including when I'm resting, but more often when I'm active. I also won't be starting BPP's until 32wks, or technically around 33wks when that appt comes around. My Dr typically won't start cervical checks until later, unless there is a reason to sooner. I tend to dilate early, so I did ask the OB we saw on Wed to check me just to have a "baseline". (that and I'd had some "pinching" over the weekend) After talking to the OB that's shadowing it, it all depends on the "region" and practice you go to as to when they start doing certain things, but that 32-34wks was "normal" to start looking into NST's, BPP's, doing growth scans more often, etc.

#5 wbwatts

wbwatts

- ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2

• PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Glad things are still quiet...but thats weird you haven't had any nsts yet.

#6 bityrock

bityrock

• PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

My next U/S is May 7th and the OB appointment is May 10th, so maybe they will do NSTS at the Appointment on the 10th. I know the U/S at 29 weeks they looked at my cervix then, but it was with the belly probe and they didn't say anything then either. So who knows, now just to make it thru this non-stop peeing and life will be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users