Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Insurance with high BMI - The Contract Phase and Insurance Issues - Surrogacy Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Insurance with high BMI can I get coverage

#1 User is offline   Newbie23 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am just getting start with the process of becoming a GS. We found out the my insurance has clear exceptions to surrogacy so we have to get another policy. The agency is worried about my BMI that I might not get coverage with BCBS (in Maryland). My BMI is 31.8 (high I know - I would love to lose more weight before the actual transfer but we have to get the insurance taken care of first) Has anyone had similar issues (with BCBS or anything other policy) or no issues? Thanks so much, I am so nervous.

#2 User is offline   wbwatts 

• - ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

i'm in maryland...what agency are you w/? my IPs bought me carefirst BCBS. i had no issues getting the insurance but my BMI at the time was 22 i believe. msg me if you want to talk more :)/>

#3 User is offline   Newbie23 

• PipPip

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:04 PM

I am working with creative family connections. So far they have been great- but I am just so worried about the insurance in general (getting approved, making sure they cover everything, etc). I have no idea how to msg you - but I would love to talk more! I tried to click on your profile but it said I was denied.

#4 User is offline   wbwatts 

• - ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostNewbie23, on 02 May 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

I am working with creative family connections. So far they have been great- but I am just so worried about the insurance in general (getting approved, making sure they cover everything, etc). I have no idea how to msg you - but I would love to talk more! I tried to click on your profile but it said I was denied.

Email me wbwatts @ gmail.com - that was my former agency.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund