Future POAS Addict

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prenatalnanny

prenatalnanny

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forums for a while now but haven't posted much. I have been cycling for what feels like forever. Luckily it appears we are finally going to make it to a transfer. In February I started my first cycle but our egg donor ended up having a "dominate follicle" so the retrieval was cancelled at the last minute. We had to wait for almost 60 days before we could start again.

I had an ultrasound today to check my lining and everything looks good for a transfer late next week. The donor has an appointment tomorrow and might be triggering that day! I am trilled to finally be to this point! We are hoping to do a 5 day transfer of just one embryo.

I know it's a bit early but I'm already thinking about stocking up on my pregnancy tests soon. I know I am going to be a POAS addict already! When do you all start peeing? What is the best brand to start with? Also, every time I go to the dollar store I have the urge to buy a bunch of the off-brand dipstick tests that are only a buck, are these a waste of money and time?

Thanks for your help! I look forward to obsessively posting/checking the forums in the long 2ww ahead.

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 PhaedraS

PhaedraS

GS pregnant with twins

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

That's awesome!! You have got to be soo excited! I have a lining check next Tuesday and the transfer hopefully the following week. We are supposed to be doing a 3 day transfer.
I was just looking online for the least expensive pregnancy tests. I am thinking I will stock up on the dollar store ones too, simply for the fact they are inexpensive AND they worked great for my three babies!
I will be peeing right along with you....wait, that just sounds weird. Hahaha

Best of luck and keep us posted!

#3 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,277 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

So close!! Just think, you're already knocked up! As for stocking up, it's NEVER "too early" IMO. My absolute fav is Answer, but I also have wonderful luck w/Equate and used Wondfo's this last time too, and really liked those. I was happy w/the Wal*Mart $.88 HPT's, but not everyone likes those. I don't care for the dollar store tests, but they are cheaper to pee away. In all honesty, I think that anything before 7dp5dt is technically still early, but it's not unheard of at all to see a BFP at 5dp5dt. Before that and I start worrying about litters!

#4 wbwatts

wbwatts

- ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2

• PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:19 AM

if 2 are implanted you could start 4 days post, if one go for 5 days post! good luck!!! no blue tests...pink are the best :)

#5 prenatalnanny

prenatalnanny

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:25 PM

I got word today the donor looks good and she has triggered today! We are hoping for a Saturday transfer. Last night of Lupron, on the bigger and better daily needles!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users