Maybe TMI but gotta ask????

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jampurcell

Jampurcell

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ok this might be to much but I need some sort of help!!! I'm taking meds right now to thicken my lining, I have an apointment in two weeks to start cycling :)
QUESTION!!! It's been almost 3 weeks and hubby and I "can't" have sex or so the dr suggests..... I'm not cycling yet and the transfer isn't going to be until July, so what did you ladies do about not being on birth control and have sex with your spouses? This may be a touchy subject but I gotta know what the options are!!! Might just have to get good old fashioned condoms..... Or just suffer through until we get the go ahead from the dr?? Any help is much appreciated and sorry If this is to much TMI!

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 juju

juju

One baby - Journey # 2!

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

If your doctor is even suggesting that you don't have sex then I wouldn't do it. Especially if you aren't on BC. I think you should talk to him more about what your options are. =) Good luck!

#3 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

I would ask for clarification from the RE on it, but definately follow both what's in your contract and what the RE says.

#4 Jampurcell

Jampurcell

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks ladies. He didn't really say yes or no. So at my appointment when he took my IUD out he asked what I was going to do to not get pregnant..... My answer was pretty much not to or use protection. I think I will call in the morning to get a little more clarification. Thank you again

#5 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yea, I wouldn't have sex right now. Even with condoms, I would be too scared. There are other options...maybe not for YOU. LOL If you get what I mean..

#6 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just an FYI...my DH had a vasectomy over 6yrs ago, after #4 was born. Even though it's been successful so far, we were still using condoms and spermicide as well...JIC...until our cut off period. DH thought it was overkill, but I'd rather be safe (and NOT pg w/my own child!!!!) than sorry.

#7 jess

jess

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would think you would be fine with condoms. DEFINITELY do not use the pull-out method. That's how we got pg with baby 3. At least I was not cycling and she is pretty awesome.

Jessica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com