Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Maybe TMI but gotta ask???? - Cycling & 2WW - Surrogacy Forums

Please help keep our Surrogacy Cycling and 2WW List up to date:
request your information; to be added or changed.

http://www.allaboutsurrogacy.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_blue_babydust.gif
Due Date Calculator and Beta Calculator
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Maybe TMI but gotta ask????

#1 User is offline   Jampurcell 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Ok this might be to much but I need some sort of help!!! I'm taking meds right now to thicken my lining, I have an apointment in two weeks to start cycling :)/>
QUESTION!!! It's been almost 3 weeks and hubby and I "can't" have sex or so the dr suggests..... I'm not cycling yet and the transfer isn't going to be until July, so what did you ladies do about not being on birth control and have sex with your spouses? This may be a touchy subject but I gotta know what the options are!!! Might just have to get good old fashioned condoms..... Or just suffer through until we get the go ahead from the dr?? Any help is much appreciated and sorry If this is to much TMI!

#2 User is offline   juju 

• One baby - Journey # 2!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

If your doctor is even suggesting that you don't have sex then I wouldn't do it. Especially if you aren't on BC. I think you should talk to him more about what your options are. =) Good luck!

#3 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

I would ask for clarification from the RE on it, but definately follow both what's in your contract and what the RE says.

#4 User is offline   Jampurcell 

• PipPip

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:51 PM

Thanks ladies. He didn't really say yes or no. So at my appointment when he took my IUD out he asked what I was going to do to not get pregnant..... My answer was pretty much not to or use protection. I think I will call in the morning to get a little more clarification. Thank you again

#5 User is offline   AmandaJ17 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Yea, I wouldn't have sex right now. Even with condoms, I would be too scared. There are other options...maybe not for YOU. LOL If you get what I mean..

#6 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just an FYI...my DH had a vasectomy over 6yrs ago, after #4 was born. Even though it's been successful so far, we were still using condoms and spermicide as well...JIC...until our cut off period. DH thought it was overkill, but I'd rather be safe (and NOT pg w/my own child!!!!) than sorry.

#7 User is offline   jess 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would think you would be fine with condoms. DEFINITELY do not use the pull-out method. That's how we got pg with baby 3. At least I was not cycling and she is pretty awesome.

Jessica

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund