Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: 12 wk OB visit and Nuchal - Pregnancy: Trimester I - Surrogacy Forums

Please help keep our Due Date List up to date:
request your information to be added or changed.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 wk OB visit and Nuchal

#1 User is offline   hollibraasch 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

So, since I have been feeling really good lately, except for being tired, I was a little worried that one twin had naturally reduced, or worse - that both had. I am borrowing a consumer dopplar and have been trying to find heartbeats, but without any luck. So I was a little nervous going in today, but happy that at least I'll know. So my IM and I go in and I'm pretty much holding my breath, waiting to see both of them. within a second or two, I saw them and breathed with relief! We started with baby A. His/her measurements are right on at 12w1d and HR of 173. I think s/he had hiccups. :)/> Then baby B was sleeping and lying on the sac, so the tech decided to fill out some paperwork and come back to it. When we tried again, s/he was bouncing all over the place! Almost couldn't get a measurement again because of all the movement. This one measured 12w2d and HR 178. Both nuchal measurements were 1.6mm or under, so that's good. I go back in 4 weeks for a normal OB, and then 5 weeks after that for our 20 weeks U/S. I'll be 21 weeks, but I won't be home from a trip until then, so we'll just have to wait. :)/>

I'm going to make an early prediction that I have one of each gender. I'll say that A is a boy and B is a girl. This is based only on previous experience that I've only delivered boys and they've been more on the mellow side. ;)/>

I also had an OB visit after the U/S. I am down 2 lbs from 4 weeks ago (when I was up 2 lbs), but the Dr. didn't seem worried. I eat when I am hungry, but I can only eat about half of what I normally do. I also felt much better about the dopplar because my Dr. couldn't find them on it either.

So here they are

Twin A
Attached File  1000843235_BRAASCH_20120516_113733_0001.jpg (35.05K)
Number of downloads: 9

Twin B
Attached File  1000843235_BRAASCH_20120516_113733_0014.jpg (29.67K)
Number of downloads: 9

#2 User is offline   tm501 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Site Supporter

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

Nice pictures!

#3 User is offline   DragonDad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:05 PM

Congrats Holli!
Great visit -

Hmmmm - I might guess two girls
looking forward to following your journey

#4 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Admin

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Just because Tiff and I both have boys, I'm saying you have 2 girlies in there!!! You didn't say on the phone if the tech mentioned where the placentas were positioned...that can make a difference in when you hear the HB's, as well as the best location to find them. Both of the boys' have anterior placentas, so I find theirs better when I go either on top of my uterus or the bottom side of it.

#5 User is offline   CaliSurroMom 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

Great update! Glad there was nothing to be nervous about and both babies look great!

#6 User is offline   sweetbelly 

• WAITING!!!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

I feel you on being nervous. My 2nd trimester screening is today and I am sooo nervous but only because nothing has been "normal" with this pregnancy.

Great pics and update! Hope I can post some also later today =) I'm going with Traci and saying two girls!

#7 User is offline   wbwatts 

• - ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

soo cute!!! glad everything went great!

#8 User is offline   brie_grace 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

View Postsweetbelly, on 17 May 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

I feel you on being nervous. My 2nd trimester screening is today and I am sooo nervous but only because nothing has been "normal" with this pregnancy.

Great pics and update! Hope I can post some also later today =) I'm going with Traci and saying two girls!

#9 User is offline   brie_grace 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hi this is my first post on any type of surrogacy site, I just want an e mail buddy as i'm 12 Weeks with a suro baby as well. This is my first time :-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund