Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: Picking your agency - New to Surrogacy - Surrogacy Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Picking your agency

#1 User is offline   Charbearx3 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sr. Member

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Hello Everyone!! I know it's been forever since I posted but things are well. I'm 9 wks pp and doing great.
I made a trip to Sweded a few weeks ago to speak about surrogacy. Being that it's not allowed in Sweden we were educting them on how to do surrogacy the right way here in the states. It was a lot of fun!
Since then I have went to work for my agency. Were looking into why a surrogate chooses her agency. So I'm wondering if you would share with me why you choose the agency you did.

Thanks and I hope that everyone is doing great!! Looks like there is still a lot of action and babies being made like always!!!

#2 User is offline   traci72 

• waiting to see what the future holds
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Cause I knew you were going to work there!!!

#3 User is offline   Charbearx3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Very funny Traci!! I just thought if I could figure out why we pick the agency we do I would have a more knowledge into a few things.
I know I was with mine becasue I felt that they treated me really good. Then I stayed around for a while. When I did switch and use a different agency I felt like once I was pregnant I was totally left alone and never
heard from them agian. So I went back to my old agency for my next journey.

#4 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:59 PM

I think that S and K liked the idea that you've BTDT and you have "inside info" as to WHY a surrogate chooses the agency they do. Neither of them will ever be able to really "get" it, but having a surrogate onboard gives a new perspective and areas that they may not have thought of before. Holli mentioned location today, because she wanted to be able to go in and meet the staff she was working w/if she wanted. I liked that they did all their screenings FIRST, BEFORE ever matching (you know, to weed the crazies out before that emotional investment of all parties) and that their agency fee was MUCH lower to the IP's than the majority of the agencies I'd researched. Also that they were/are as hands on or off as we need them. Knowing that they can set/arrange my appts if I need them to, or backing off since I prefer to do that myself. There are always going to be little glitches in communication or another area, but there have been very few in each of my journey's. I LOVE the relationship that I have w/my coordinator and feel she really has a sense of who I am, and my matches have always (ok, so except for #2) been dead on. Even though my IP's are the one's footing the bill, I feel like my agency does a great job in supporting ALL of us and not "favoring" one of us over the other.

#5 User is offline   Jampurcell 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I'll share.... I had actually found my agancy through a friend of mine who is also a marien wife. She had a friend that had just completed a surrogacy journey and I was interested in all the how, who, what, when, where, and why. I had actually thought about a few years back but didnt know where to begin or how to choose the right agency. I knew I wante an agency and not to be independant, maybe for the security of help, im not sure. With having the reference that I did with the other surrogate I knew they were a good match. i had my appointment to "get to know' an dask any questions. I loved how important they made me feel and still make me feel. The agency doesn't make me feel like an inconvience and that is awesome. Once the aganecy matched me it has been smooth sailing (so far) :)/> I think the reason I stayed and wanted to continue is the way they were professional and also made me feel comfortable. They answered all my questions whethere dumb or not and I feel they have my best interest at heart as well as my IP's.

I hope this helped a little.

#6 User is offline   Trickyniki02 

• PipPip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi,

My name is Nicole and I've been looking into becoming a surrogate (GS only) for several years now. I am a single mother to an energetic 6 year old little boy. Our family consists of myself and my son, my boyfriend of 3+ years and his three "grown" children from a previous marriage - so we have quite the blended family going on and we love it! I've had an interest in helping others create and fulfill their dreams of having their own family, for quite some time. As I learned more about the process, I became more and more interested. I knew I wanted to experience pregnancy and delivery (especially delivery, call me crazy!) at least once more, but I do not wish to have any more children of my own - I won't have any hair left if I do:) I knew that the most important thing for me was to make sure that I was happy and settled with my own life before I devoted myself to a pregnancy for someone else. I began looking into different agencies before choosing the one that I felt would fit me the best. I wanted a full service agency that would walk me through everything and one that would be very "hands on" for both myself and the intended parents. Once I had my initial phone call with the coordinator, I was even more excited than ever to begin this journey! At that time, I was also working for an employer who (long story short) was stressing me out more than I'd normally admit. I tend to handle stressful situations very well, but this was different and it broke my heart to have to tell my agency that I needed to wait until I found peace in my position or a new employer. I began my job search and came across the Surrogate Coordinator position for my agency - total coincidence. Fast forward and I am now the Surrogate Coordinator and couldn't be happier! I've only been here for a little over 6 months; after I settled in to my position, I finished the screening process and matched with my IPs. I'm really looking forward to the next steps now that our contract is finished. I've learned so much more working for the agency, so I really enjoy talking to others about the agency-side of surrogacy. I'm definitely looking forward to adding the experience of being a surrogate, someday, hopefully very soon! I often refer our potential surrogates to our experienced surrogates who happen to be some of these active lovely ladies on AAS. I also want everyone to know that my desire to be a surrogate is what lead me to this position - not the other way around. My reasons for wanting to be a surrogate are for the "right" reasons, my employment had nothing to do with it. However, it HAS helped me understand more of the process.

I also know that each and every agency is very different from one another. I encourage women to find an agency (if that's the route their taking) that best suits their family and their needs. I found my agency as a potential surrogate, myself, not as an employee - that came later :)/>

PS: I'll get to work on my siggy soon:)

#7 User is offline   hollibraasch 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Site Supporter

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hi Nicole, nice to learn a bit about you. :)/>

#8 User is offline   Charbearx3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks to everyone who has shared. I think this can be a learning tool for everyone. Hopefully some of the other gals will want to share why they picked the agency they did!

On a personal note............I'm turning in my Mommy card today and running away to a deserted island where there is only a cabana boy to fan me and feed me grapes................

#9 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

Um, excuse me, but cabana boys do NOT feed grapes...they bring fruity umbrella drinks laden w/alcohol in them!!!

#10 User is offline   cawe 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

First I was in contact with an agency in California, after going through all their requirments they said they couldn't match me because of the laws in WI. I then found IARC and they told me that they would be able to match me quickly and didn't have any problems with the laws in WI. I also loved the fact that they are in the Midwest and within a few hours of me.

#11 User is offline   cawe 

• PipPip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

I would love to join you on that island and drink some umbrella alcholic beverages with you, but hurry I only have a couple weeks before transfer!

#12 User is offline   Charbearx3 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Alright, alright! We all know I love fruity drinks!!

#13 User is offline   Malorie201212 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

The British Surrogacy Centre of California is a really good Surrogacy Agency. I have used their services to have a child. I picked out the amazing women that would give birth to my child and now i have a little girl. Cute as can be. I highly recommend them. Here is their website, it will tell you everything you need to know.

www.BritishSurrogacyCentre.com

They have one in Tracy, California and also one in the United Kingdom.

Good Luck!!

#14 User is offline   traci72 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

please make sure you are familiar w/our TOU here, Malorie. Advertsing for an agency through the boards is a violation. Perhaps you'd better serve them by placing a classified ad for them?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund