Surrogacy Forum: Surrogate Mothers, Intended Parents and Egg Donors: c section recovery - normal? - Postpartum Issues - Surrogacy Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

c section recovery - normal? abs discomfort

#1 User is offline   shakenbake 

• PipPip
  • Group: Member

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

My 1st (and last!) c section, so this is all unfamiliar to me so I need your advice ladies...

It's been one month since my section, incision healed well i think. I've taken it easy, and have been told of the longer healing process. But my abs are horrible!! One month out, I still feel like someone's worked over them with a baseball bat!! I feel I've made progress since the bday(from not being able sit up by myself to walking around normally) but the soreness is still there! Of course I haven't been properly excercise my abs, so I'm pudgy around as well! My prior vaginal births I was back in normal clothes by 6 weeks, I still look 5 months preggo today!

Any advice? Or recovery timelines? How much longer are the abs going to stay sore n flabby? How slow do I go? I am below my pre=preg weight, so I just need to tone up I think

thx!

#2 User is offline   PhaedraS 

• GS pregnant with twins
  • PipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

I think the pain/recovery rate is different for everyone after a c-section. I have had 3 and my core muscles are shot. My doc told me to try and strengthen my core but I really haven't ever applied myself. I don't remember being as big as 5 months pregnant when I was 4 weeks post partum, but once again, I think everyone bou ces back at a different rate. Have you had a follow up appt yet? I would definitely bring it up with your OB and see what he/she thinks.
Make sure you are drinking enough water and not overdoing anything.
Hope all is alright! Take care.

#3 User is offline   shakenbake 

• PipPip

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostPhaedraS, on 23 May 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

I think the pain/recovery rate is different for everyone after a c-section. I have had 3 and my core muscles are shot. My doc told me to try and strengthen my core but I really haven't ever applied myself. I don't remember being as big as 5 months pregnant when I was 4 weeks post partum, but once again, I think everyone bou ces back at a different rate. Have you had a follow up appt yet? I would definitely bring it up with your OB and see what he/she thinks.
Make sure you are drinking enough water and not overdoing anything.
Hope all is alright! Take care.

Thanks...good to know that "damaged" core muscles can happen. I thought there may have been something wrong with me (maybe it's cuz this was my 6th lol).
Not that I had nice abs to begin with, but these new abs are definitely weird to me, I feel jello-wy (is that a word?)
Follow up appointment in another 1.5 weeks...I'll also ask OB.

#4 User is offline   ellemagnoliasmommy 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Sorry :(/> Your muscles were manually pulled apart, it takes time to feel back to normal. I almost 9 months post pardum from my third c section and just feel like the past 5 months of core/ab work is paying off.

#5 User is offline   Angela 

• PipPip

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

It took me forever to feel normal after my first c-section! The second one was not so bad, lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Our Professional Sponsors | Become A Sponsor | Make a Donation | Our Friendship Fund