first time surrogate

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tomeshia

Tomeshia

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

In February I applied with my agency and last week I got my email of medical clearance. My fiance and I head out to our match meeting with the possible IPs on the 29 of May and Im super excited and nervous! Is there anything I should know about match meetings or how they normally go and whats involved? Thanks :)

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 serenalug22

serenalug22

AAS Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,176 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Yay, very exciting!!!

#3 Stork

Stork

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Congratulations!!!

#4 jessilynn183

jessilynn183

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Congrats and good luck at your match meeting!!

#5 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yay! How exciting...normally it is just you guys getting to know each other! Don't be nervous! IDK if you guys have gone over anything yet? But you might want to start thinking of questions you might have, just general "get to know you" type questions. We always like to look at it like a first date :) It's always super exciting!

IDK how your agency does it, but your potential IP's might have personal questions for you...so be prepared!

#6 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,188 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

Congrats on this next step. Matching is a lot like a blind date. Everyone (IP's included!!) is nervous and wants the other to "like" them. The key really is to be yourself and try to relax as much as possible. This is where you start to get to know each other, ask questions about each other, and where you find out if you're on the same page about the big issues, such as SR (selective reduction)/termination/genetic testing/thoughts on how many to transfer (tho that really is something that has other factors to consider as well)/expectations of the journey/contact afterwards/etc. It's important to, at the very least, be open and honest about your view/feelings on SR and termination. Those really are 2 of the BIGGEST issues that come up. You'll also think of things you meant to ask later on, which isn't a biggie. Most all IP's are very willing to respond throughout the process and I'm sure they will have their own questions for you and your DH as well. Can't wait to hear how it went!

#7 sweetbelly

sweetbelly

WAITING!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

Good luck and like the other ladies said just try to be yourself!

#8 Tomeshia

Tomeshia

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Thanks ladies I really appreciate all the advice :) I hope everything goes great on tuesday

#9 hahahasyyke

hahahasyyke

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Woo! Good luck! Since you're through an agency, a lot of the specifics of the surrogacy have been talked about and terms have been defined, I'd assume. That means the match meeting should be all about getting to know each other and seeing if you guys are comfortable with the relationship you're about to embark on! :)

#10 mom of 3

mom of 3

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

Thats great ! Just be yourself and keep in mind the will have just as many butterfly as you ...

#11 JesseX2

JesseX2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Match meetings are so nerve wracking--but you have to remember they'll be nervous too! Just go with the flow and everything should be good :) GOOD LUCK!

#12 Jampurcell

Jampurcell

• PipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Congratulations!! Meeting Ip's are nerve wrecking but just relax and be yourselves, they will be just as nervous as you are. Good Luck and keep us updated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com