• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

So I am 37 weeks today! I am going to pack my hospital bag and get all that done tonight. Yea, I know...I'm a slacker. I had both my girls at 39weeks, so I wasn't feeling the pressure.

When you got to the end, was their weird things you would do? I always check to make sure I'm not leaking every night before bed and every morning. LOL.... I am always afraid my water won't break, but it will start leaking and I won't know. My labors have gone pretty quick and I am so nervous I won't catch it in time, and my IF's won't make it :/ With my first-my water broke at 6am and I had her by 1pm. But with my second, I didn't even feel the contractions until they broke my water and then I went from a 3 to a 10 and had her in a matter of 2 hours from them breaking my water. So I am just nervous that if my water breaks on it's own this time that they won't even make their 1hour flight...because you have to add in driver time, and that's if there is a flight readily available.

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 jmedee77

jmedee77

Gestational Surrogate

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Yay Amanda! It's getting close!

With all 3 of my kiddo's - my water never broke - with surro baby #1 - yeah, woke up at 37 weeks - thought I was peeing myself - I was like WTH is this, lol?? It was so lame, IP's were Int'l and werent scheduled to arrive for another 12 days - yep, missed delivery. :(

Now....I am paranoid with this one - IDK what will happen. At least the IP's for surro #2 are in So-Cal and I'm in Nor-Cal. I'm thinking they will have better luck.

Ok, so I just realized I totally rambled on and probably that it really didn't answer your ?

Just pack the bag and keep checking yourself :/, lol.

#3 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,365 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

It's almost time!!!! How exciting! My water broke 1st only w/DS#1, but that was enough that I've been paranoid every pg since. Once I hit around 34-36wks, I start carrying a waterproof pad w/me...sit on it in the van, at work, etc. I've NEVER needed it, but figure that the 1 time I don't have it, that's when my water will break. LOL! My paranoia comes from the fact that I don't have painful or regular contractions until I'm in transition, and at that point, I really don't have any time left. They all feel like BH until 20-40mins before I'm pushing baby out, so I'm always scared I'll go into labor and not know it. (that's what happened w/DS#2!!) Because I have practiced FAM for soooo many years, I know how to do my own cervical checks, so I do tend to check periodically if I've been having several BH over the course of an hour or 2....just to make sure. Problem there too, is that I dilate early as well. I don't go into labor early, just dilate and efface early. Makes it that much more nerve wracking for me.

I've been debating if/when I'll get my bag packed too. W/my own, I didn't bother until around where you're at, and that was because I didn't want to worry about DH not bringing up things I wanted. (he always complains that he'll mess it up and not grab the right stuff, so it's MUCH easier if "I" do it for him. That's also how he get's out of grocery shopping!)

Can't wait to hear how things are progressing over the next couple of weeks......

#4 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

Yay Amanda! It's getting close!

With all 3 of my kiddo's - my water never broke - with surro baby #1 - yeah, woke up at 37 weeks - thought I was peeing myself - I was like WTH is this, lol?? It was so lame, IP's were Int'l and werent scheduled to arrive for another 12 days - yep, missed delivery. :(

Now....I am paranoid with this one - IDK what will happen. At least the IP's for surro #2 are in So-Cal and I'm in Nor-Cal. I'm thinking they will have better luck.

Ok, so I just realized I totally rambled on and probably that it really didn't answer your ?

Just pack the bag and keep checking yourself :/, lol.

Yea...i guess that's really all I CAN do... lol

#5 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

It's almost time!!!! How exciting! My water broke 1st only w/DS#1, but that was enough that I've been paranoid every pg since. Once I hit around 34-36wks, I start carrying a waterproof pad w/me...sit on it in the van, at work, etc. I've NEVER needed it, but figure that the 1 time I don't have it, that's when my water will break. LOL! My paranoia comes from the fact that I don't have painful or regular contractions until I'm in transition, and at that point, I really don't have any time left. They all feel like BH until 20-40mins before I'm pushing baby out, so I'm always scared I'll go into labor and not know it. (that's what happened w/DS#2!!) Because I have practiced FAM for soooo many years, I know how to do my own cervical checks, so I do tend to check periodically if I've been having several BH over the course of an hour or 2....just to make sure. Problem there too, is that I dilate early as well. I don't go into labor early, just dilate and efface early. Makes it that much more nerve wracking for me.

I've been debating if/when I'll get my bag packed too. W/my own, I didn't bother until around where you're at, and that was because I didn't want to worry about DH not bringing up things I wanted. (he always complains that he'll mess it up and not grab the right stuff, so it's MUCH easier if "I" do it for him. That's also how he get's out of grocery shopping!)

Can't wait to hear how things are progressing over the next couple of weeks......

LOL...How funny that I put a "puppy pad" i nmy hospital bag. LOL...that was one of the things with my first..I didn't want to get the seat wet.LMAO

#6 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,365 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:19 PM

mine were actual chucks pads. My mom worked in a nursing home, so I had full size bed pads and smaller "chair" pads they used for the residents. However, once I was in the hospital when I delivered surrobabe#1 and my mom saw what they used, she said "That's what we use for the dogs. Grab me some when you leave!" :rofl:

#7 shakenbake

shakenbake

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Wow, you are CLOSE!!

I've had 6 babies/pregnancies. I was paranoid with each of them and towards the end, I slept on towels (in bed - didn't want to ruin my temperpedic matress!) and towel padded my seat in my car (totally worried about making a mess in the car!). With all that paranoia, my water did not break with any of them outside the hospital! Go figure! lol

For #4 and #5, I played sports on the Wii to jump start labor :). Had I not been scheduled to be induced this last time, I was prepared to play Just Dance ~ hee.

Good luck and ELV!!!

#8 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Wow, you are CLOSE!!

I've had 6 babies/pregnancies. I was paranoid with each of them and towards the end, I slept on towels (in bed - didn't want to ruin my temperpedic matress!) and towel padded my seat in my car (totally worried about making a mess in the car!). With all that paranoia, my water did not break with any of them outside the hospital! Go figure! lol

For #4 and #5, I played sports on the Wii to jump start labor :). Had I not been scheduled to be induced this last time, I was prepared to play Just Dance ~ hee.

Good luck and ELV!!!

Good idea! I totally need to start sleeping on a towel. I JUST bought that mattress.

When did you deliver all your babies? Like at what week? This question is for everyone. :)

#9 wbwatts

wbwatts

- ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2

• PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:56 AM

good luck either way! it definitely sounds like nesting ;-) have you been checked by your doctor?

#10 JesseX2

JesseX2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I just can't believe you're 37 weeks!! :rolleyes: That went by so quick!

#11 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

Time just flies! 37 weeks, yay! You're so close! I've never had my water break, or gone into labor, but I am still always paranoid about it. I was induced with DD#1 at 40w3d, induced with DD#2 at 39w and had a scheduled c/s with my surro-twins at 38w... but I'm sure I will still worry this time about my water breaking or being in labor without knowing it. I guess at least now we all know we're not crazy! We all worry about it! :rolleyes:
Get that bag packed! ;)

#12 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Aww love bug, you're so close!!
I had my first DD at 39 weeks exactly, second at 40 weeks, 1 day and the twins at 38 weeks, 2 days. I think packing your bag is a good idea. Your IFs aren't open to at least one of them coming down a few days early based on your history? If I were an IP I would want to be safe rather than sorry with missing the birth, but that's just me....

#13 AmandaJ17

AmandaJ17

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

I had my first DD at 39 weeks exactly, second at 40 weeks, 1 day and the twins at 38 weeks, 2 days. I think packing your bag is a good idea. Your IFs aren't open to at least one of them coming down a few days early based on your history? If I were an IP I would want to be safe rather than sorry with missing the birth, but that's just me....

Yea tell me about it...but they would rather take the time off work to be with the baby, at home. Which is fine... but I hope they don't end up regretting their decision if I end up going too fast or something, you know? My muscles are pretty strong, but not strong enough to keep a baby IN. LOL

#14 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Yea tell me about it...but they would rather take the time off work to be with the baby, at home. Which is fine... but I hope they don't end up regretting their decision if I end up going too fast or something, you know? My muscles are pretty strong, but not strong enough to keep a baby IN. LOL

True story.. That makes sense. I will be praying all the stars align and they make it in plenty of time! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users