12 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy

jimmy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi:
Could somebody tell,
Is it OK that the surrogate Mother is 35 years?
How old is better for the surrogate Mother's age?
Thank you very much.
Jimmy

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 PhaedraS

PhaedraS

GS pregnant with twins

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

I think it depends on the RE's requuirements but I am 35 and have had no restrictions. They are more concerned with overall health and past pregnancy history. I have heard of many surrogates over 35.

#3 luvmykids

luvmykids

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

I am currently 38 and will be 39 in September and I didn't have an issue matching. I think it depends on the agency.

#4 tm501

tm501

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

I am 44 and am waiting to start my 4th journey. There is a lady on here that is 48 (I think ) and pregnant Its all up to the clinic

#5 banana

banana

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

I am 42 soon to be 43 and working with a couple!

#6 poohmom

poohmom

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Age is just a number! :) I am currently 48 and pregnant with triplets! I had my first surroson at 42, second at 44, third at 46 and now these babies at 48. Our clinic doesn't have many of the restrictions that some of the bigger clinics have, my RE approved me based on my OB's recommendation and my previous pregnancy history. Many clinics have a cut off at certain ages, but it is an individual thing and RE's will sometimes make exceptions.

35 is YOUNG in surro years!!! :) Best of luck to you!!

#7 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

As long as your using a GS, it depends more on pregnancy and health history, as the other ladies have said. Now, if you're talking TS (or ED, of course) that's a different story because you're using her eggs and a lot of clinics have cut offs or recommendations on age.

#8 jennkelly72

jennkelly72

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

as Alison stated, so much depends on TS or GS.

i was a TS at 35 and again at 36 (2 months shy of 37). our RE was fine with my age. we also chose to have IPS screening done, to eliminate some of the concerns associated with female fertility over 35.

i was a GS at 39, delivered just a week before my 40th birthday. i will be 41 at my next GS transfer.

#9 TiffanyM

TiffanyM

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Another surro in her mid 30's chiming in here. :) As the others said age of a GS isn't as much an issue as overall health and pregnancy history. It is usually desired that you have had a successful pregnancy in recent years - so, a 35 year old who had their child/ren in their early 20's might not be the best candidate.

#10 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,280 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

I just delivered twins and will be 40 this year. When it comes to being a GS, age is not nearly the same factor as it is w/a TS. As you can see from the responses, there are a number above 35 carrying. IMO, I'm more comfortable w/surro's in their 30's or older mainly because most of them are doing completing their families. I worry (personally for them) that the younger surro's might lose their fertility and not have been done having their own children. I also know that for me, it's been easier w/my youngest being 6-6 1/2yrs old vs the 2yrs old she was when I started as far as caring for her, me needing to do things for her, etc. It's been nice having my kids a bit older for this last pg where they've been able to help me out more than they could w/my 1st surrogacy.

#11 miamoo1

miamoo1

Matched with amazing IFs!

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

I didn't actually begin researching surrogacy until just after my 39th birthday. I'm now 40 and just beginning my journey with an upcoming transfer next month. With my RE age was not so much a factor as my previous pregnancies and the fact that I recently had a healthy pregnancy less then three years ago. The only concern my RE felt and I am totally on board here is that due to the inherent increase in pregnancy related complications due to my age (gestational diabetes etc) she does not want to transfer more then one embie providing the quality is good.

Also as mentioned above the health of your GS and her pregnancy history are the most important factors.

Good luck to you!

#12 wbwatts

wbwatts

- ran a marathon and is now working on TTC #2

• PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Usually the age limit is mid-40s.

#13 coupleseekingGS

coupleseekingGS

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

As a future IM I would be comfortable with someone in their early 40's however it is important to check with the IVF clinic that you plan to use. Many have age guidelines/restrictions.

Good luck on your journey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users