• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sweetbelly

sweetbelly

WAITING!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Today I am starting my third trimester!!!!Posted Image I can't complain though it seems like this pregnancy has gone fast and I am not ready for it to be over anytime soon =)

Anyways to my question...How long do you normally have to wait between journeys? I am sure there is a difference from what the OB and the RE would say.

Thanks ladies!

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 Gracie

Gracie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

One and two 5 months.:)

#3 poohmom

poohmom

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Your OB is who would have the best answer. Most RE's want clearance from your OB. But I personally waited a year in between transfers. Some transfer sooner, I've heard of 6-9 months if there were no complications. :)

#4 tm501

tm501

• Sr. Site Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

I've been cleared to transfer each time 6 months after delivery.

#5 Amanda914

Amanda914

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

My OB said 6 months for a vaginal delivery, 12-18 months after c-section. However, every Dr is different, so it would be best to check with your own OB.

#6 TiffanyM

TiffanyM

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

I personally started the matching process 6 months after delivery but made it clear that I would not transfer until I was one year postpartum. My first transfer with my current IPs was the day after my first surroguys 1st birthday. (It took three transfers and it was 21 month post delivery before a pregnancy was achieved).

#7 traci72

traci72

waiting to see what the future holds

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,189 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's kind of up to your Dr and the RE...as well as yourself. It's just worked out that there are 2yrs between each of my surrobabe's, but had things worked out w/my 2nd IP's, we had transferred 6mos after I delivered surrobabe#1, so it would have been sooner. (obviously) And had our B.O. been a viable pg, surrobabe#2 would have been 13mos old vs the 2yrs old she is w/her newborn brothers.

#8 GSinIN

GSinIN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

My OB cleared me at my 6 week check-up, but I chose to not even start looking until 6 FULL months after. I delivered 12/11 and will be transferring 8/12.

#9 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

Ditto to the other ladies - My OB cleared me for another pregnancy 6 months following my uncomplicated vaginal delivery of my surrotwins... :)

#10 CaliSurroMom

CaliSurroMom

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Sounds like a lot of them have similar guidelines. Most of the REs my agency works with don't like to transfer until you're 5-6 months pp from a vaginal delivery and 12 months from a c/s.

#11 hannahbutterfly1997

hannahbutterfly1997

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I will be 9 months PP from a c-section almost to the day when I transfer on 8/11. In between my first and second I waited 6 months post section and unfortunately I had 3 failed cycles, a m/c and a b/o before my IF's and I chose to part ways. Their new surro just delivered their baby girl on 7/4/12. I was immediately matched and transfered and that transfer worked, so it was 2 yrs between pregnancies. I say as long as your ob/re are ok with it and you feel good do what you feel is best.

#12 MRSL2010

MRSL2010

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

how do your DH's feel after you've decided to go into journey number 2? The conversation has come up between my DH and i however he is not sure he would want to have me do another one. I'm still in the beginning process of my first one so its not as if iI'm planning on doing another at this time but if i should want to id like his support 100% like i have with this journey.

#13 GSinIN

GSinIN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

how do your DH's feel after you've decided to go into journey number 2? The conversation has come up between my DH and i however he is not sure he would want to have me do another one. I'm still in the beginning process of my first one so its not as if iI'm planning on doing another at this time but if i should want to id like his support 100% like i have with this journey.

I never thought about a second journey until I completed and recovered from my first. You have no idea what kind of toll it is going to take on your family, your body physically, or your mind mentally. My husband is fully supportive because he knows how it all ended and is confidant that it is something that our family unit can handle and accept again.

#14 JesseX2

JesseX2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

My husband was actually against me doing a second journey nearly the entire time I was preggo. It was sad for me-because I wouldn't do it if he weren't on board but in my head I had always knew that I would want to do it more than once. He said he didn't like to see me "in pain" (which I really wasn't...I just complained every so often about my swollen ankles or not being able to move).

However, after he was there for the delivery of my surro guy and witnessed the making of a new family, he said if I wanted to do another journey he'd be okay with it :) That was literally like hours after his birth. So, I am going to plan on doing it once more, hopefully doing a sibling project for my IF's! I haven't talked to my IF's about a timeline, but I supsect they'd want to transfer within 9-12 months.

Edited by JesseX2, 05 August 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#15 BabyOven

BabyOven

Proud Mama, Wife & GSx1

• PipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

My husband was actually against me doing a second journey nearly the entire time I was preggo. It was sad for me-because I wouldn't do it if he weren't on board but in my head I had always knew that I would want to do it more than once. He said he didn't like to see me "in pain" (which I really wasn't...I just complained every so often about my swollen ankles or not being able to move).

However, after he was there for the delivery of my surro guy and witnessed the making of a new family, he said if I wanted to do another journey he'd be okay with it :) That was literally like hours after his birth. So, I am going to plan on doing it once more, hopefully doing a sibling project for my IF's! I haven't talked to my IF's about a timeline, but I supsect they'd want to transfer within 9-12 months.

A sibling project?! YAY!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com