• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kathleen55

Kathleen55

July will make 4!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:58 AM

My RE is concerned about D carrying twins after having 2 sections. He said there are many complications to carrying twins. He is very conservative to begin with and prefers singletons. We are putting all concerns about D's health first but he was very vague when I asked him about the complications and how often they happen as so many can happen with just one baby. He also said there is a concern for uterine rupture when carrying after having sections. Please don't get me wrong if he wants to do only 2 and thats what D decides than that's what we will do. I'm just a numbers person and wanted to get a better handle on this. I know some of you have had unexpected trouble early and some have had none so i was just wondering. Thanks

Say thanks for the support and click on a banner ad!

#2 mom2twogirls

mom2twogirls

Retired

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:36 AM

I have had 2 c-ections and am currently 32 weeks with twins. My RE wasn't concerned....neither was/is my OB or my peri. Uterine rupture is a very rare thing to have happen. Where we live I was told less than 2% but others have been quoted as less than 1% and some have been quoted less than 5%. Either way it is a rare thing to have happen. When it does it is almost always deadly to the baby and can be very dangerous for the mom as well.

Now, with that being said, there is NO WAY she would be able to VBAC with having 2 sections and carrying twins. My peri said there is no way he would let anyone attempt that so they are scheduling a c-section for 38 weeks!

My *complications* with this pregnancy have been with my cervix......not with my uterus. Are/did they do a hystero-sonogram on her? (HSG) I had one and my RE said my uterus looked wonderful. My c-section had healed very well with minimum scar tissure on the inside of my uterus. Maybe that is a factor?

Complications can happen with any pregnancy.....I had some with my own daughter and then went on to have a normal pregnancy with my surrogate babe. This pregnancy with the twins is different but they keep a VERY close eye on everything so I don't worry too much. I am on bedrest right now but it is because my cervix had thinned and now is dilated 1/2 cm which is normal at this point (depending on what Dr. you ask LOL) but it is a precaution they are taking to keep the boys in longer. Just be prepared. Have a good perinatologist and a good OB.

#3 Haysha

Haysha

Hmmmmm whats next.

• Site Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

My Peri and RE had no problem with me carring twins after a c-section. The Peri doc was going to allow me to try VBAC in the OR room if I would have wanted to. So if she gets pregnant with twins it will depend on the Doc as to what he will want her to try for delivery. But no one has told me that I shouldnt carry twins or be pregnant again because of my sections. Good luck.

#4 Kathleen55

Kathleen55

July will make 4!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,152 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Chastity. She had a water sono and the RE said her uterus looked great!! He didn't make any comments about excessive scar tissue or any mention of it. She wouldn't be looking for a VBAC as her birth canal is tipped and has to section anyway.

Is the less than 5% supposed to be less than .5%? Just making sure, I'm going to call my gyn too and check with her.

#5 mom2twogirls

mom2twogirls

Retired

• PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:12 AM

The way I understood it was less than five percent. I was told less than 2 percent but as I said, others have been told less than 5 percent!

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users